Where is pokertracker/ace hud good for?

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I'm glad i didn't buy them. Am I missing something or are these programs completely useless?

- Poker Ace Hud can't be set to just show the stats of players that were recorded during the same blind level, so that is kinda worthless.
      - It's also highly distracting with pokerstars, since its all blinking all the time, and that makes the table layout very distracting.

Pokertracker shows:

- stats of players, which is useless, since I can't ace hud.
      - stats of hands, which is useless, since the number of chips you won with a hand is useless information, what would be useful is if it calculates how much money you made with different hands (ev$), but it doesn't show that.
      - Stats of progress, PT doesn't recognize who won the tournament, so I can't make any graphs, or see how I'm doing sklanksy$-wise.
      - PT is agonizingly slow, so it takes a long time before it has done sometin, time I could've used for playing.

What do I do? Are these problems repairable? Or should I uninstall and never use them again? I just don't see the point at all now. The programs are obviously for cashgame players, because there is not a single function that works properly.
  • 7 replies
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      I think everything you quoted is possible except for it looking good on PStars.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whipflip15
      I think everything you quoted is possible except for it looking good on PStars.
      seriously, since that is pretty much the only thing i figured out :D :D :D . Anyway, the slow-thing is still true of course, but the rest is completely unclear to me. That it is possible inspires me to try again, tx. Ill let someone have a look at it.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Well are you talking about tounaments and SnG? (You don't mentioned it but at the end you say that PT/PA is for cashgame players. :)

Have you checked out our manual about PT/PA?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/1/manual/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/3/

It is very important to switch to a postgreSQL database because the intern database (access) iss not the fastest. :)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      oh, tbh, i started with the manual, but then trying/reading made me go on supertilt (which never happens to me with poker) since I kinda hate computers. Its quite embarrassing, i cant do anything except the superobvious, so I let a friend of mine install it after i stopped trying, and told him what I wanted. But im gonna ask him again, because i was probably not entirely clear to him, since he just installed it and eplained to me what I need to do every time I play.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Maybe this is useful as well for you:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/article/112

With this file you don't need to adjust Pokerace by yourself.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Find the tournament with the missing info and put in the following data under "selected tournament details": the buy-in and the participation fee, the type of tournament and number of players. In the list of participants to the right you should find your name and enter the buy-in, cost and number of rebuys and addons. Clicking on "save" saves the information and works it into the statistics.

This is in the guide. But naturally, I can't do this, since i play 100 tourneys a day. Is it impossible to set the buy in fee to, let's say 27, so it automatically makes every tourney a 27$ 9 handed tournament? Since without the tournament history, I can't really use this program, except maybe for rating players.
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      You can set the program to auto-import the tournament results from your e-mail account which is much easier and efficient than entering them manually (if you have PStars automatically mail you results that is).