This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Where is pokertracker/ace hud good for?

• helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I'm glad i didn't buy them. Am I missing something or are these programs completely useless?

- Poker Ace Hud can't be set to just show the stats of players that were recorded during the same blind level, so that is kinda worthless.
      - It's also highly distracting with pokerstars, since its all blinking all the time, and that makes the table layout very distracting.

Pokertracker shows:

- stats of players, which is useless, since I can't ace hud.
      - stats of hands, which is useless, since the number of chips you won with a hand is useless information, what would be useful is if it calculates how much money you made with different hands (ev$), but it doesn't show that.
      - Stats of progress, PT doesn't recognize who won the tournament, so I can't make any graphs, or see how I'm doing sklanksy$-wise.
      - PT is agonizingly slow, so it takes a long time before it has done sometin, time I could've used for playing.

What do I do? Are these problems repairable? Or should I uninstall and never use them again? I just don't see the point at all now. The programs are obviously for cashgame players, because there is not a single function that works properly.
  • 7 replies
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      I think everything you quoted is possible except for it looking good on PStars.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whipflip15
      I think everything you quoted is possible except for it looking good on PStars.
      seriously, since that is pretty much the only thing i figured out :D :D :D . Anyway, the slow-thing is still true of course, but the rest is completely unclear to me. That it is possible inspires me to try again, tx. Ill let someone have a look at it.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Well are you talking about tounaments and SnG? (You don't mentioned it but at the end you say that PT/PA is for cashgame players. :)

Have you checked out our manual about PT/PA?

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/1/manual/

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/3/

It is very important to switch to a postgreSQL database because the intern database (access) iss not the fastest. :)
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      oh, tbh, i started with the manual, but then trying/reading made me go on supertilt (which never happens to me with poker) since I kinda hate computers. Its quite embarrassing, i cant do anything except the superobvious, so I let a friend of mine install it after i stopped trying, and told him what I wanted. But im gonna ask him again, because i was probably not entirely clear to him, since he just installed it and eplained to me what I need to do every time I play.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Maybe this is useful as well for you:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/article/112

With this file you don't need to adjust Pokerace by yourself.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Find the tournament with the missing info and put in the following data under "selected tournament details": the buy-in and the participation fee, the type of tournament and number of players. In the list of participants to the right you should find your name and enter the buy-in, cost and number of rebuys and addons. Clicking on "save" saves the information and works it into the statistics.

This is in the guide. But naturally, I can't do this, since i play 100 tourneys a day. Is it impossible to set the buy in fee to, let's say 27, so it automatically makes every tourney a 27$ 9 handed tournament? Since without the tournament history, I can't really use this program, except maybe for rating players.
    • Lemonize
      Lemonize
      Bronze
      You can set the program to auto-import the tournament results from your e-mail account which is much easier and efficient than entering them manually (if you have PStars automatically mail you results that is).