This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - AA MSS

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $1.4
      MP3:
      $1.4
      Hero:
      $0.69

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:diamond: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.31) K:spade: , 8:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.21, MP2 calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.73) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.36 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($1.45) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, king high (Th 9s)
      Hero shows (As Ad)

MP2 wins with a straight, king high (Th 9s)

I think I should have go all-in on flop instead of betting only 0.21$ because I had so few chips left after that. But apart from that, have I played this correctly? Is it just bad luck or could have I expected he had 9 and fold? Don't think so.. :/

Also, since I'm just starting out with MSS I try to play strictly by rules/chart and not with stats.

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      I'd make a bit bigger bet on the flop rather than putting all the chips in. Once you're giving him bad enough pot odds, if he calls, you have a higher expectation than if he folds. So in principle you don't need to discourage him more than that. A valid reason for a huge bet on the flop would be if you thought he would call it!

You were a victim of your opponent's abysmal play from start to end, plus some bad luck. Every decision you made was +EV and every one he made was -EV, so you should be happy.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      NH, wp! in my opinion
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would reraise far bigger preflop. 16cents is the way to go with your Aces against his minraise despite any SHC telling you what to do. If people like to call , they dont mind putting 4cents extra in but you do!

Now on this flop you have 57cent stack and that means I rather want to cBet here and shove the Turn. If you shove immediately it looks so super strong that people can fold everything except a King while you still have a load of equity (and earn money) versus FDs, 8x, pocket JJ

Best regards,
      Gerv