[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - AA MSS

• eXtremeACE
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , A:diamond: . MP2 posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.31) K:spade: , 8:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.21, MP2 calls $0.21.

Turn: ($0.73) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.4, Hero calls $0.36 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($1.45) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, king high (Th 9s)
      Hero shows (As Ad)

MP2 wins with a straight, king high (Th 9s)

I think I should have go all-in on flop instead of betting only 0.21$ because I had so few chips left after that. But apart from that, have I played this correctly? Is it just bad luck or could have I expected he had 9 and fold? Don't think so.. :/

Also, since I'm just starting out with MSS I try to play strictly by rules/chart and not with stats.

• 3 replies
    • Elroch
      I'd make a bit bigger bet on the flop rather than putting all the chips in. Once you're giving him bad enough pot odds, if he calls, you have a higher expectation than if he folds. So in principle you don't need to discourage him more than that. A valid reason for a huge bet on the flop would be if you thought he would call it!

You were a victim of your opponent's abysmal play from start to end, plus some bad luck. Every decision you made was +EV and every one he made was -EV, so you should be happy.
    • BadeaCelRau
      NH, wp! in my opinion
    • Gerv

I would reraise far bigger preflop. 16cents is the way to go with your Aces against his minraise despite any SHC telling you what to do. If people like to call , they dont mind putting 4cents extra in but you do!

Now on this flop you have 57cent stack and that means I rather want to cBet here and shove the Turn. If you shove immediately it looks so super strong that people can fold everything except a King while you still have a load of equity (and earn money) versus FDs, 8x, pocket JJ

Best regards,