Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0.67
      MP2:
      $2.14

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) A:club: , 4:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, MP2 calls $0.09.

Turn: ($0.33) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25.

River: ($0.83) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $0.27 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.27.

Final Pot: $1.37

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)
      MP2 shows a full-house, aces full of fours (Ad Td)

MP2 wins with a full-house, aces full of fours (Ad Td)

I just want to ask if I played this correctly, without stats? I don't care that he had luck as long as I played it good. :)

So if all I'm doing now is playing on NL2 strictly by charts, there is no way I could have predicted that he has like A in his starting hand, especially since he played so passively while having Full House.

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      I don't think the MSS encourages a bet on the turn. Your hand was relegated to mediocre when the ace appeared on the flop, your conti-bet failed to get a fold (bear in mind he would have given you a fair chance of having an ace). In this situation you're probably up against an ace (or an unlikely 4), which makes the decision pretty clear. He should have been concerned about his kicker (calling preflop was dubious), but I wouldn't expect him to fold the ace before the river (where the kicker became irrelevant).
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Elroch
      I don't think the MSS encourages a bet on the turn. Your hand was relegated to mediocre when the ace appeared on the flop, your conti-bet failed to get a fold (bear in mind he would have given you a fair chance of having an ace). In this situation you're probably up against an ace (or an unlikely 4), which makes the decision pretty clear. He should have been concerned about his kicker (calling preflop was dubious), but I wouldn't expect him to fold the ace before the river (where the kicker became irrelevant).
      Yes exactly this ExremeAce, you have a trashhand and then we only bet once which is the Flop

I would bet $0.11 though on the Flop to be supersure that he only calls use with Ax

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Yes, I see. When I was on turn I was probably under the assumption that I had overpair (lol i know ?( ) that's why I continued to bet.. :/

Thank you Gerv, and you Elroch :) It's helping much.. :)