[NL2-NL10] Misguided Steal Attempt?

• Praetor
      Praetor
      Bronze
      Dear Coaches/analyzers, it follows a hand i played today. And i don't feel it was okay :P

Trying Self Analysis:
      Pre-Flop: When trying to steal with bad cards, at least raise more. Or just don't try with those cards xD
      Flop: I feel that this continuation bet might be okay? Or fold it right away? At least i hit something ;)
      Turn: I felt that i wasn't getting him to fold, so i decided to go for check/fold
      which ended in a fold, so i got out of harms way quite cheaply.

What do you say?

Thanks for your time,
      Praetor

(This is Microlimits at PP)
      ***** Hand History for Game 6741248731 *****
      $5 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, January 31, 15:12:28 ET 2008
      Table Table 125882 (Real Money)
      Total number of players : 8
      Seat 4: BB ( $5.73 USD )
      Seat 10: Button ( $5.48 USD )
      Seat 8: Hero ( $2.76 USD )
      Seat 1: SB ( $2.04 USD )

** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to Hero [ 8d 7c ]
      3 folds
      Hero raises [$0.08 USD]
      Button calls [$0.08 USD]
      SB folds.
      BB calls [$0.04 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, Ts, 5s ]
      BB checks.
      Hero bets [$0.20 USD]
      Button calls [$0.20 USD]
      BB folds.
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
      Hero checks.
      Button bets [$0.50 USD]
      Hero folds.
      Button does not show cards.
      Button wins $1.13 USD
  • 4 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      1. You can not play the SSS on Party Poker NL $5 since you will sit with 25 Big Blinds at the table instead of 20.
      2. You shouldn´t try to steal the blinds on the lowest microlimits anyway and should stick to the SHC, since your opponents will call you very loose anyway.
      3. If you want to steal the blinds, don´t do it with 87s, you need better cards to steal with, when you have no stats about your opponent.
      4. When you decided to attack the blinds, raise at least 3 Big Blinds, otherwise the Big Blind is getting to good odds to call nearly any 2 cards.
      5. When you get called and you want to make a Continuation-Bet, only bet 2/3 of the Pot and do not overbet him.
      6. If your opponent calls you on the flop and you have a trash hand, play check/fold.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      and please, reread the articles.
    • Praetor
      Praetor
      Bronze
      certainly will reread the articles.

as for the suggestion of playing another limit, i've tried playing 0.05/0.10 instead of the micro 0.02/0.04 , and I'm not doing well there.
      So i thought it would be a good idea to move down? At least I'm winning constantly at 0.02/0.04
      which is not the case at 0.05/0.10 - tried it again today and wasted 30BB
      2tabling in 1 hour. not too great :/
      Also i feel there is more fish at micro, but alas, may well be that i'm fish too ;)
      at least until now.

as for my BR, im at 52€ and have played like 1k Hands so at least I'm not wasting it. certainly my game needs heck of an improvement ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      1. You can not play the SSS on Party Poker NL $5 since you will sit with 25 Big Blinds at the table instead of 20.

this is the reason why you can`t play on NL 5$. It is also explained in the articles.

well, I guess the reason of your losses on NL 10 is the quality of your play. I recommend you stop playing for a while and study a theory. Your bankroll won`t be much bigger if you stop for a couple of days, but you likely will save some of it)