[NL20-NL50] NL25 FH vs FH

• keithbrad
      keithbrad
      Bronze
      Villain is 19/15 with 60% AFQ and 80% Cbet on flop, looking back I probably should have just folded preflop due to hands that have me dominated and being out of position.

My initial thoughts on the flop was to call his Cbet and probably fold the turn if I didn't improve (assuming he bets again). The turn brought a great card giving me a FH, which is good because I now don't have to worry about AJ or KJ so I call his turn bet.

The river was a blank and he bets close to the pot, I tanked for a while and called, which I'm thinking was the wrong play seeing as I am basically calling to chop the pot? Is there anything I could be ahead of here? 1010? 99?

Thanks in advance!

Full Tilt - $0.25 NL RUSH (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $25.45
      BTN: $35.03
      Hero (SB): $27.16
      BB: $31.14
      UTG: $25.25
      MP: $45.60

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has J:heart: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.85, fold, CO calls $0.85, fold, Hero calls $0.75, fold

Flop: ($2.80, 3 players) 3:spade: 3:heart: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.75, fold, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: ($6.30, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25

River: ($14.80, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $12.00, Hero calls $12.00
  • 2 replies
    • 3betForFood
      3betForFood
      Bronze
      TT makes a better bout. Against that villain who opens from utg with a strong range just fold pf. you hand got tons of reverse implied odds. u see what happen even when u flop TP- you are bluffcatching. As played I call the flop and probably calling against on the turn even if i dont feel good about it. like u said u are calling to split with a J or he just taking u to valuetown with and overpair. On the river It's an easy fold unless we have a good reason to believe he'd 3barrel bluff on that board even if your hand looks weaker then a J.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      that´s why it should be fold pf, since even if you hit boat on the turn you can´t call him down
      I´d personally also call him down, since he would valuebet there Jx+ and would also sometimes bluff with A high
      But keeping it tight pf especially against potsize raise is the safest play