This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50, AJ bVb

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $25.50
      BU (Hero):
      $50.50
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $64.80
      MP3:
      $80.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $5.00, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.25) Q, 3, A (2 players)
      BB bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.25) A (2 players)
      BB bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50.

River: ($45.25) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $38.25, Hero calls $28.00(All-In).

Final Pot: $111.5.

Hi!

Villain is 33/29, 3b 7%(44), 3b vs btn 17%(16), AF 7.0, 100hands.

I believe he can 3b me very wide here so AJ plays very well ip postflop so that is the reason I just flat pre.

Flop is standard I know he cbets his made hands and air there, so I just call.

Turn is a nice card cuz it reduces probability of him having A type of hand. Should it be just better to shove here? I didn`t cuz I didn`t feel the need to protect too much since most possible flushes are blocked by cards on board.

River sucks cuz I dunno if he is ever 3barrelig bluffs in 3b pots and cuz I dunno if he would do this with AT or A9 type of hand. I only need him to bluff one in four times and since he looks lagish I decided to call.

Thanks for your help.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gregor86,

While he may still have FD type of hands in his range which he is going to 2nd barrel and unless I know that he is capable of barreling 3 streets as a bluff. I would even say that ship it on turn rather than Call it and then Call it on such a river as well.

Practically there he wont anymore have a lot of bluff-hands or semi-bluffs in his range. FD completed. Better hands are possible. So I don't really see many of the hands what we beat.

Best regards.