[NL2-NL10] NL 10, QQ vs super connected board

• 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cowii,

That's a very sick spot actually. Even if we at the best are against some pair+FD type of hand we wont get a good equity. And against even stronger hands we of course are far behind.

So basically if you even want to continue here then we likely have to ship it right here. But the question is do we really want that? Unless he really has some bluff-type of hands in his donking range then it will be pretty hard to get great equity against his donking range. And therefore I might even prefer at some spots folding. But now again while it's a 3bet pot and he seems to have some kind of higher AF then shouldn't be that wrong to get it in either here. He ain't even fully stacked.

Just to give a small overview how we doing against some range:

Board: 6:heart: 7:heart: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    71.12%  67.77%   3.35% { 66+, T9s, 87s, 76s, Ac8c, Ac7c, T9o, 87o, 76o, Ah8c, Ah7c, Ah6c, KhQc, Kh8c }
      UTG+1  28.88%  25.52%   3.35% { QdQs }

So here you see we ain't really that much ahead and that's why I might even at spots prefer folding here to be better. :( His line doesn't seem to be that weak either with his pot size donk.

Best regards.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Cry like a baby!
      Mmm though spot, but it's a 3bet pot. No need to be scared of draws. Maybe AhKx, AKs. AQs with a heart. JJ with a heart.
      Just cbet I guess, to stil get value from worse hands or draws.
      I don't believe in flopped flushes or str8s in 3bet pot. Sometimes it will happen but yea...
      Player will play pretty straight forward I guess, in 3bet pot.
      But our equity won't be so good against those draws.
      I think he donks to protect his JJ, TT, 77,88,99. He won't donk a flush in 3bet pot I hope.

EDIT: I think our equity is different Veriz. Because: will he open hands like 87 UTG and call 3bet against UTG OOP?
      I think you are crushed by a set. 66,77,88
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Just made it a bit wider to get an overview and it might still be possible that he opens them. As you see his stats, they are very wide.
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      And call a 3bet OOP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by EmmaDauwe
      And call a 3bet OOP?
      Look his VPIP. :) That tells everything.