[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush ajo flop

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villian is 38/29 over 22 hands, so small sample size.

WTS 25% (4 cases), won 0%, 100% donk bet (only 1 case) vs PFR.

Can we still play and re-evaluate on turn? Such a strong flop bet + short stack means we'll probably be playing for stacks on this board?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.25)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($4.74)
      UTG+1 ($14.94)
      UTG+2 ($1.42)
      MP1 ($5.25)
      MP2 ($1.95)
      CO ($0.98)
      Hero ($5.07)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.45) A:diamond: 5:club: 6:heart:

SB bets $0.45, Hero folds

SB wins $0.42
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Definitely. I'd still Call here. Usually such donk bets don't make much sense. If he really had a very strong hand then why ain't he Check/Raising you?

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply.

Yeah you're right. Also his WTD's tell us he ain't the best player I suppose, so could certainly be doing that with weaker aces and lower pp's.

Could we consider playing for stacks on the flop or best to just call and re-evaluate on turn depending on bet sizing and card obviously?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Thanks for the reply.

Yeah you're right. Also his WTD's tell us he ain't the best player I suppose, so could certainly be doing that with weaker aces and lower pp's.

Could we consider playing for stacks on the flop or best to just call and re-evaluate on turn depending on bet sizing and card obviously?
      Nah, doesn't make sense to play for stacks right on flop. Rather keep his bluffs in play and Call and reevaluate further streets.
    • BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      I actually would think about 3B preflop. If he opens 29 averaged from all positions, he has a huge range from the button. And if he calls this 3B the pot is probably big enough that he will go broke with TT+, since he seems to be a very loose player.
      As played I would definitely call on the flop, call donk again if turn is a blank and maybe consider folding on the river depending on the raise size and whether you think that you think is 3rd barrelling with smaller aces or even underpairs like KK, QQ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BrinkyBill
      I actually would think about 3B preflop. If he opens 29 averaged from all positions, he has a huge range from the button. And if he calls this 3B the pot is probably big enough that he will go broke with TT+, since he seems to be a very loose player.
      As played I would definitely call on the flop, call donk again if turn is a blank and maybe consider folding on the river depending on the raise size and whether you think that you think is 3rd barrelling with smaller aces or even underpairs like KK, QQ.
      Can't 3bet preflop. :P You are PFA.