[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush AQo flop and turn play

• Jim4rdo
      Villian is 15/12/5 agg over 52 hands.

Pot bet flop and turn, can pretty easily fold the hand? Although he's so aggressive, only hand I really beat is AJ, since could now have 2 pair or against AK?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.20)
      BB ($5.16)
      UTG ($2.48)
      UTG+1 ($2.81)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($1.70)
      MP2 ($9.05)
      CO ($5.54)
      Hero ($7.38)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) 3:diamond: A:club: 8:spade:

UTG+1 bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

TURN ($1.11) 3:diamond: A:club: 8:spade: T:spade:

UTG+1 bets $1.11, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $1.04
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Guess while we really don't even have many hands on him and I didn't really see how he was playing then shouldn't be a very big mistake. Although myself I would basically just call the turn & call the river. He may still have even worse holdings.

As I have mentioned early on that his play doesn't make much sense, why is he donking into Axx board while could easily Check/Raise or trap with sets. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bluff here either. But of course if you aren't that sure in your play and he was mostly winning his showdowns then should be fine as well to fold.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Hmm yeah.

Seems often at this level that when they have stronger hands they bet weaker and trapping, but their big bets are more often draws or marginal hands where they just want to generate lots of FE and give bad pot odds.

Got to remember this type of stuff when I play :)

Especially since one of my worst leaks is not folding to smaller bets, even if I know they are trapping or I think they have a better hand. It's frustrating ^^