This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush 88 flop 3-bet semi bluff

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Wondering what you think of this.

Villian is quite loose, 22/18/2 over 101 hands.

I bet out on the flop because I want to protect my 8's, and also because I had a mind to 3bet if he raises, because this flop hasn't really hit him, and I think I can make him fold Ax, and any higher PP's as well.

33% wts, 44% w$sd

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.96)
      BB ($10.66)
      UTG ($1.56)
      Hero ($5.35)
      UTG+2 ($5.16)
      MP1 ($2.08)
      MP2 ($5)
      CO ($6.85)
      BTN ($8.14)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 5:heart: K:heart: K:spade:

Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $1.62, CO folds

Hero shows 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero wins $1.75
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Somewhat feels to be fine. Although you pretty much turning your hand into bluff because I don't think you would continue here if he would 4bet you and try to get it in.

Therefore I might even prefer just Calling and reevaluating it on further streets. Might even keep bluffs in the hand.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Somewhat feels to be fine. Although you pretty much turning your hand into bluff because I don't think you would continue here if he would 4bet you and try to get it in.
      Yeah, I don't see myself calling with 8's there either, but I figured a 3bet there would be ok. I think also since he's a loose player but not that fishy was another reason. Against a calling station/real tight player I probably wouldn't, since possibly getting trapped/they've soul read me ^^