[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AQo, river ?

• MrBrilliant
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP3 raises to $0.57, CO folds, BU calls $0.57, Hero raises to $2.94, BB folds, MP3 calls $2.37, BU folds.

Flop: ($6.65) 5, 8, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, MP3 calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.65) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($14.65) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.00, MP3 calls $7.00.

Final Pot: $28.65.
      stats: UTG 22/19 agfactor 2.9 wts 31 fold cb flop 60% hands 269
      BTN 22/18 wts 28 fold 3bet 63% call open 11%

was it OK to squeez in this spot ?
      on the river i decided to bluff, because after his check on the turn i thought that he has something like AK or some pocket pairs
  • 3 replies
    • 3betForFood
      AK he just 4b and get it pf. Hard for people to fold a pair on the river after u checked turn since it's a 3b pot especially on a card that pairs the board. Also I assume he expect you to barrel the turn with an overpair + he is getting 1:3.
      I c/f river. (c/c is an option too with right reads)
    • luizsilveira
      Yup, I didn't like the bet on river as well. He's not folding any pockets. Only thing you represent is low pairs 66-77 and *maybe* a medium pair like 99-TT, which is probably his own range if not slightly up like JJ-. So with that price he will call you down.

That was not a good board for a cbet anyway, but both ch/f and ch/c suck. I have big troubles spots like this I must confess.

But if you want to bluff anyway, I think turn is +EV compared to river. If he's stubborn he will not fold medium pairs anyway, but at least you show more strenght and still have overcards as a safety net. River is too late...

I don't mind the squeeze that much, AQo would kind of suck in multiway OOP, even though idk the UTG fold to 3bet; but with his rather low fold to cbet I have my doubts that cbet was profitable at all. And he is opening from UTG and in position after all, so not folding much IMO, and without the second barrel you don't represent big pairs at all anyway. I'm surprised he didn't float, probably some 99-TT that is worried about running into TT-JJ. No?
    • veriz
      Hello MrBrilliant,

Squeezing is definitely fine here. Although I don't like the bet on river at all. If you want to make some PPs to fold here at all then you have to consider 3barreling. Or likely as played it's just a CBet on flop & Check/Fold turn & river.

Best regards.