This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A5 spade

• whitefang43
      whitefang43
      Bronze
      well i was at the .15/.25 tables at mansion last night b4 it went down :(

sitting in SB with A5 of spades at a table with 4 BS 4 MS and 1 SS by the time it's my turn the CO and the BU are all in the rest folds , they are both MS so i look at the table and think if i call with my last 4.25$ i'll get 3-1 on my money, it a rather loose table so i think i'm up against middle pocket pair and maybe A rag so i call, turns out i'm up against 1010 and 86D board comes 5KJ?A and i take down 12$+

so my question is was that a stupid call statisticly or can math defend my call?

just to clarify i don't play hands like that very often, just had a gut feeling
  • 1 reply
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      nothing can defend your call) Please, avaoid such plays, as they are not correct. First of all, your odds are 2:1, not 3:1. Yor pot equity is ~33%. Against your opponent`s hands you have only 30% equity.
      You are dominated by AX hands, pp 6+ and many other hands (given 2 players).