$2.81
      MP1:
      $3.85
      MP2:
      $4.43
      MP3:
      $1.85

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) A, 4, 9 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.15) K (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($2.25) Q (2 players)
      MP1 raises to $2.80(All-In), Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.25.

I don't have so much hands with villain but he had 16/15 according to the sample(actually I forgot to note them down xD because I ended the session prematurely but he looked like a standard regular), so I thought it's a check behind because he should call A8 or worse and there aren't that many club combos without Ace (club ace is already on the board) in his 3bet-call range. He bets on turn and overbets on river. Easy fold?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think AJ+ is in his range so I valuebet the Flop, I think you reminded yourself that I told you sometimes that I check back this Flop but you should actively think about his range here most often

The Turn I would try a goofy minraise for thin value. If he 3bets you, he has the nuts so you can fold. If he calls, he mostly checks to you on the river which means you can just check back

As played on this river, we have to fold :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • zwink
      zwink
      Bronze
      hi gerv,

I am having trouble making the difference between when we should bet flop for value or wait for turn/river for value as in this hand NL10 - MSS, AJ in MP1 vs check-raise

I can see how AJ+ is not in this villain's MP1 limping range very often and makes us bet this flop for value, but I find it difficult consistantly see the difference between the two spots.

Since this is a spot that happens many times in a session it can have quite an effect on the winrate. How do you suggest I improve at this?

thank you
    • gonetrolling
      gonetrolling
      Bronze
      In that position i will bet the flop almost 100%, to me when a player oop checks, i have to bet my Ace, i want to know where i am, i would never want to give a free card to someone who might be on a draw i want to give him lousy odds to call, and if he does have an Ace with a strong kicker or better, you will get reraised and can fold the hand. Just my opinion
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      You can also get raised with worse and fold if the villain is a good regular :D . But if you check behind he can't do that move anymore, check-raising on the turn doesn't represent anything.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zwink
      hi gerv,

I am having trouble making the difference between when we should bet flop for value or wait for turn/river for value as in this hand NL10 - MSS, AJ in MP1 vs check-raise

I can see how AJ+ is not in this villain's MP1 limping range very often and makes us bet this flop for value, but I find it difficult consistantly see the difference between the two spots.

Since this is a spot that happens many times in a session it can have quite an effect on the winrate. How do you suggest I improve at this?

thank you
      Villain in that thread is 11/6 player with a much more tighter range versus a limping unknown here