This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Am I the TAG fish I think I am????

• feursturm
      feursturm
      Bronze
      In the CO I have AKs blinds 50/100..1500 chips remaining
      Raise 3X and BB calls..
      Flop AQ7 rainbow..Bet 2/3 Pot and get re-raised..have 700 chips left so go all in..guy turns over 77 for a set which holds up
      Did I make the right play or was a fold correct??
  • 5 replies
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      to little information. what were the other stack sizes? in the money, close or no?

by my count you put in 900/1500 chips by the time you bet the flop. stacking off the last 800 is probably fine.

all that said, i play limit and am developing a reputation for playing like a spewtard in NL tournaments.
    • feursturm
      feursturm
      Bronze
      TY for the reply.. BB was chip leader with 5095 chips..I was on the bubble in 4th place
      The guy had been playing any AX any suited cards..$1 SNG so on that evidence I thought TPTK was good against his range
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I think you overbet preflop, but once you were that committed an AI was the only sensible move.

You can post hand histories for evaluation in the hand history section.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      15 big blinds deep thats a standart stack off i'd never feel bad about. TPTK is really huge hand in this spot, he can easily have worse aces or even a hand like KQ. Plus you cant really bet and fold to a raise and be left with just few big blinds.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      just think of yourself as a victim of circumstance....The money HAD to go in :D