questions about german chart for gold members.

• henne007
      henne007
      Bronze
      with the numbers i mean the numers off the different charts.

1) the first 2 lines what does it mean? is it the PR that is wanted?

3) what does the last part mean? the part with: "Nor.(46%)/lag(48%)"
      5) how does this actually work? what are the percentage at the top of the chart?

6),7) is this how to react against a PS.com player? something like silverchart?

the rest is al clear?
  • 15 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      1) The first two lines are the multiplier you should use when you consider the PFR stats because they depends on the position.

If a player raises on a FR table from UTG and PT/PA tells you that he has 20% PFR you multiply this value with 0,6 and the result is the modified PFR = 12%. This is necessary if you considera 3-bet (PFR values needed for a 3-bet can be seen in chart 5).)

3) Nor.(46%)/lag(48%) is the equity you need against a normal player or against a LAG.
      All you need to know is that the first value in this chart has to be applied to normal players and the value behind the / is against LAG player. This is because you have a harder time against LAG players. (Fold less, reraise you more often, etc..)

5) On the left side there are your holdings and on top is your position. If someone raised before you you loook at his PFR values, then you searh for your hand in the chart and if his PFR is higher or equal as in the chart you can 3-bet. (Execp in the BB there is an additional call range as well.)
      Again raises have to separated between normal and LAG player. (Only when you are not in the BB:)

I have 6a) and 6b)

If 6a) = 3-betting vs. ORC then yes this is your hand range you 3-bet against a PS.com TAG. The position on top is where the raise came from.

6b) is a Cap vs "3betting vs. ORC" chart. Here you can see which hands you need to cap a player who 3-bet you by the ORC. (Sounds complicated but one time you have understood it it's really easy to use.)
      Here on the left side is the position you raised from and on top are the positions where your opponent raised from. The hands listed in there are the hands you can cap.

7) This chart tells you how to play in the BB if a PS.copm TAG raised you. You call all hands n the left side (or if there is only 1 value) and you 3-bet if all hands on the right side.
      The positions above are where the raise came from.

I hope I wrote it understandable. If not please don't hesitate to ask. :)
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Is this chart available in the English gold section?

I'm hoping to get gold status soon and it sounds interesting.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      No it's a custom chart made by a user (more than 1 worked at it). You can find it in the german gold section as a download. (It's no article yet.)

If you reached gold you can ask again for the link. I can post the link right now but you may not find in when you reached gold. But tell me what you like more. :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      How long did it take you to get used to the chart?

Looking at it already makes me dizzy :P
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Not long. I had a hard time as the ORC got pupulioshed and all the new charts are not much more complicated. :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Also from what levels can you start using this 3-bet vs ORC for example? Because at 0.5/1 it doesn't look like there's a lot of people playing normal

And don't you need at least 1k hands before you can do 5? The diff between 21 and 24 PFR isn't really big for example.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      When I played 0,5/1$ SH the chart wasn't born yet. ;)

1k hands is too much. 100 hands should give you a rough overview but use it carefully. Better raise a hand less then to much.
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Yoghi, how can you read the chart if you're not at Gold status?

Although my spoken German is ok, I'm struggling to read some of the stuff on the German site.

I can't believe the amount of material over there, amazing site.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Yoghi was gold before. :)

Here's the thread:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/de/forum/thread.php?threadid=34865
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Thanks ciRith, I've bookmarked it.
    • scett
      scett
      Bronze
      Hi players,

I got aaprox charts, where first chart is called Open Raise chart 3.0, is it good or there are some newer versions avaiable?
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      what the actual HELL!!!

Yoghi played 0.50/1$ :s_confused:
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      Is it Approx charts?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi

Clearly this guy is never going to amount to much.

@DYRD: yes, this is talking about the approx charts.
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Originally posted by Yoghi

Clearly this guy is never going to amount to much
      once a fish, always a fish.