[NL20-NL50] NL20 turning hand in to a bluff paired board

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hi. Villain is 21/16 reg. What do you think about trying to bluff him off a better hand on the river? Thanks.
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($27.60)
      CO ($22.42)
      Button ($6.51)
      Hero (SB) ($22.32)
      BB ($17.30)
      UTG ($20.77)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 4
      1 fold, MP bets $0.80, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.70, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.80) 2, K, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($1.80) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP calls $0.80

River: ($3.40) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.50, Hero raises $6.60, MP calls $4.10

Total pot: $16.60
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gonepoker,

Don't really like the bet size on turn. You can't really represent much with it unless you tried to induce him to bluff against you. If you had a strong hand then I am pretty sure you would be more inclined to bet yourself rather stronger.

As played, doesn't make sense. Guess if you had the Kx or 8x then you would just bet yourself than Check/Raise it. He may still Call you with a lot of holdings and you can't expect him to bet here anyways. Guess he called you with A high or maybe even with some TT-QQ. :) So basically I'd just Check/Fold myself on river.

Best regards.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello gonepoker,

Don't really like the bet size on turn. You can't really represent much with it unless you tried to induce him to bluff against you. If you had a strong hand then I am pretty sure you would be more inclined to bet yourself rather stronger.

As played, doesn't make sense. Guess if you had the Kx or 8x then you would just bet yourself than Check/Raise it. He may still Call you with a lot of holdings and you can't expect him to bet here anyways. Guess he called you with A high or maybe even with some TT-QQ. :) So basically I'd just Check/Fold myself on river.

Best regards.
      Thanks Veriz. Actually there is some kind of error I am sure that my bet was bigger. Yeah that check raise idea was sign of my tiltcreativeness:D
      Do you think betting 1.20 is ok to get value from ace high? Also actually he had nuts - AK :f_confused:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gonepoker
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello gonepoker,

Best regards.
      Thanks Veriz. Actually there is some kind of error I am sure that my bet was bigger. Yeah that check raise idea was sign of my tiltcreativeness:D
      Do you think betting 1.20 is ok to get value from ace high? Also actually he had nuts - AK :f_confused:
      with a high he would likely call 0.6$ valuebet. 1.2$ seems a little too big to call down with A high