[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush TJ iso

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Is the iso ok here?

Villian 29/5/5 over 36 hands.

Since I hit on the flop I want to protect/make FE.

Thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.37)
      BB ($8.90)
      UTG ($9)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($1.77)
      Hero ($5.19)
      MP2 ($1.79)
      CO ($6.02)
      BTN ($6.41)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, CO calls $0.25, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.82) T:spade: 9:spade: 4:heart:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO folds, UTG+2 folds

Hero shows T:heart: J:heart:

Hero wins $0.77
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Make a bigger bet, ~$0,65 at least. You want to protect don't ya? :) Seems like if you have a strong hand you bet big and if you don't then smaller.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Make a bigger bet, ~$0,65 at least. You want to protect don't ya? :) Seems like if you have a strong hand you bet big and if you don't then smaller.

Best regards.
      Yeah.

I've found my betting styles to be a little bit weird, sizing included. Often when I have a strong made hand on the flop like a set i'll bet small, like 25c into a 40pot, just to try and keep others in the hand :\

But then when i'm c-betting with air it's normally like 30-35c into a 40c pot to create more fold equity.

And since we often talk about why if "x" has a hand does he bet so strong for value... I realise that's kind of see through play.

But the bad thing is it seems to work, so I think i'm doing it because it's rush poker and people just fold to those stronger bets and wait for other hands, so it's actually working.

Pretty annoying situation :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Of course it's not like a super huge mistake. But usually I would consider my bet sizes almost the same. If even I did realize that then definitely some others may do the same on higher limits or even on this one. I keep usually very often my eye on bet sizes, tells mostly everything about the opponents hand. Either it's the opposite or it's a strong hand.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Yeah.

I suppose the fact that I am thinking about my bet sizes shows that I do notice others and how I bet.

Probably because it's rush I subconsciously think I don't really "care" how they view me, because I don't play many hands with, and so I can bully them out the pot, if I think they're fish I can bet small and keep them in, that kind of things.

Probably a pretty bad leak, especially for when i hopefully go nl10+!