$27.49
      BU (Hero):
      $25.00
      SB:
      $28.00
      BB:
      $30.56

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2, 7.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 7, J, 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50, Hero raises to $8.00, SB calls $5.50, BB raises to $29.81, Hero calls $16.25(All-In), SB calls $19.25(All-In).

Turn: ($83.56) J (3 players)

River: ($83.56) K (3 players)

Final Pot: $83.56.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and sevens(2h 7h).
      SB shows a full-house, jacks full of kings(Jd Kh).
      BB shows a pair of jacks(9h Th).

SB wins with a full-house, jacks full of kings(Jd Kh).
      BB wins with a pair of jacks(9h Th).

Postflop I was instantly a bit paranoid about being up against both a better 1pair hand (or set etc) and a better FD, so I figured I should try to force at least one out. Should I have raised bigger? or even just shoved? Could I have found a fold on the flop? Calling the flop didnt seem like an option since if I was against a bigger FD and better pair I had nought but reverse implied odds.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jan217,

Preflop: Against those loose opponents 27s ain't the greatest hand actually to steal with if the opponents are Calling anyways. We don't have postflop a lot fold equity either.

As played
      Postflop: Against so loose opponents I don't like the raise at all! He is potting there which indicates that he is likely going to continue. Therefore if you want to continue to play that hand at all, I'd just Call and take the odds.

Best regards.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Cheers, looking back I agree calling is the best option, and I should be able to find some hero folds on flush turns vs BB when he has it, since he will most likely make it pretty obvious.

As far as I remember both of the blinds had high fold to contibet % so is opening with 27s to create some dead money fine? Or is that still too loose considering that when both call I cant really contibet many flops?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      Cheers, looking back I agree calling is the best option, and I should be able to find some hero folds on flush turns vs BB when he has it, since he will most likely make it pretty obvious.

As far as I remember both of the blinds had high fold to contibet % so is opening with 27s to create some dead money fine? Or is that still too loose considering that when both call I cant really contibet many flops?
      not really sure you can get away if you hit your flush on the turn.

As far as I remember both of the blinds had high fold to contibet % so is opening with 27s to create some dead money fine?
      - if they folded a lot and didn´t really 3-bet then it should be fine. I´d likely open 74s+, so 72s is not even at my opening range, but against nits I guess you can open close to 100%

Or is that still too loose considering that when both call I cant really contibet many flops?
      - if you get called often then I´d rather fold. Although you have position, 72 really doesn´t play that well postflop
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't get this hand...

27s is a fold pre-flop.

As played... if you think opponent has higher FD... you want to make hero fold turn??? then why play in the first place? Just fold flop.