BB: $15.43
      UTG: $10.99
      UTG+1: $10.81
      Hero (MP): $10.93
      MP+1: $9.75
      LP: $9.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 4:diamond: 4:club:

fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10, 2 players) T:spade: A:spade: 4:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.88, SB calls $0.88

Turn: ($2.86, 2 players) 5:spade:
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

River: ($7.06, 2 players) J:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.06, SB raises to $12.43 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.39 and is all-in

SB shows A:heart: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
      Hero mucks 4:diamond: 4:club: (Three of a Kind, Fours)
      SB wins $20.50

this hand is disaster... it doesn't have any sens...
      First of all I played it in not my style. I've never played open limp with pockets but after coach video I played like this. I think that I should have folded my pockets 44 from this position...
      Action in the streets also I don't understand and it's pretty wired...
      the biggest pain is there that I had opportunity too save money on the river... but I thought I have set, my opponent checks, shows weakness so I want to bet for value..
      despite of the fact I've been unlucky so far I don't tilt and this decision was without stupid thinks...
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Preflop: On smaller limits it's possible to limp while nobody will recognize anyways. Although on higher limits I wouldn't really recommend. NL10 is still possible.

As played
      Postflop: Kinda sick is that there a flushdraw completed. And he exactly after that donked. He could easily even have it. But now again on river it did look otherwise, maybe had some small flush which now is scared or something similar. But I would bet the river as well. Although the question is either to bet it pot size or not. While he will have hard time Calling with a lot worse unless he is a fishy player I might consider betting like 1/2. But overall his play is just so bad. Not much you can do. Those coolers happen. Don't blame yourself playing such a hand.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      oh yeah... I blame myself playing such a hand... everything would be fine if I went broke on the flop (this hand should be finished on the flop anyway if I played vs good player) but when I had opportunity too play pot control and save money I feel horrible. It's first time when I lost my confident on NL10 after hand and I'm unsure about my game.
      ok if I bet on the river for 1/2 pot what I should do after his push?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      oh yeah... I blame myself playing such a hand... everything would be fine if I went broke on the flop (this hand should be finished on the flop anyway if I played vs good player) but when I had opportunity too play pot control and save money I feel horrible. It's first time when I lost my confident on NL10 after hand and I'm unsure about my game.
      ok if I bet on the river for 1/2 pot what I should do after his push?
      If he is rather thinking player then I would bet like $3 and save the other part. While I don't really expect him to Check/Raise in those cases anyways with worse.

But overall as I said your play ain't really wrong. There is still a lot value from some 2pairs maybe even Ax type of hands. Just got a cooler and those situations happen. You can't always win in poker. :(
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      how to play pockets 4th pre flop. From MP or UTG what do you suggest?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      how to play pockets 4th pre flop. From MP or UTG what do you suggest?
      It's either on your playstyle some do raise them from any position on those limits. Some may even limp because NL10 ain't the highest level yet that people start to adjust to your limping. But practically raising is the easiest way to play the hand and hide your PPs.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      is it possible to fold pockets 22-99 from EP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      is it possible to fold pockets 22-99 from EP?
      Of course it's possible but on those limits I would still play. :) Although need better postflop experience. 77, 88, 99 is way too strong I would say. :D Even 66. :D