This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Straight on freeplay

• kashka
      kashka
      Bronze
      Quite clear flush danger on this hand, but i decided to go all-in with straight here. Did i wrong?

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 9
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 3, J, A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.35) T (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.35) 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP3 raises to $0.80, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.90 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.10.

Final Pot: $4.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows [ 4c, Kc ] a flush, Ace high
      Hero shows [ 8h, 9s ] a straight Seven to Jack
      MP3 wins $3.95 USD with a flush, Ace high.
  • 4 replies
    • IPresume
      IPresume
      Bronze
      i would have bet on turn
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      Tough to lay down a straight there.... flush is obvious, but anyone could get caught there.

I agree that you should've bet the turn.... always a good play to bet your draws to see where you stand.
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theloniousbones
      Tough to lay down a straight there.... flush is obvious, but anyone could get caught there.

I agree that you should've bet the turn.... always a good play to bet your draws to see where you stand.
      I don't agree.

When there is a possibility for a flush draw on flop, even if you bet on turn you will get called by the opp. drawing for flush. You are playing a FR from BB, so IMO unless you are sure you got the nuts, don't pay anything else.

The 2nd mistake was on river. Hero bets, villain raised and there is a possible flush on board - I would fold the hand. It didn't cost me anything anyhow except the mandatory BB.

And btw - I think it is better not to post the results when you post hands.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      When there is a possibility for a flush draw on flop, even if you bet on turn you will get called by the opp. drawing for flush. You are playing a FR from BB, so IMO unless you are sure you got the nuts, don't pay anything else.

In other words: Unraised pot, no position, no fold equity against draws.
      -> we play it passively, meaning check/ call or fold (odds).

The 2nd mistake was on river. Hero bets, villain raised and there is a possible flush on board - I would fold the hand. It didn't cost me anything anyhow except the mandatory BB.

There is no such thing as a "cost" of a hand. There are odds and pot odds. Here we need to win in 36% of the time, so approx. 1 out of 3 times. I think we will) On this limit his range is a bit wider then normal logic suggests) I would say 1 out of 3 times you will see slowplayed sets, small aces or even KJ. Myself, I demand very obvious reads to fold made s8 in this spot.