$1 On Demand Rush MTTs

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I did a search for Rush MTT strategy and I didn’t come up with much.

I would like to start some discussion about $1 On Demand MTTs on Full Tilt Poker. They seem to run around the clock so if you only played MTTs which I don’t you could definitely get Huge Volume in. These MTTs are Multi Entry and Turbo so they run pretty fast, but Full Tilts Blind Structure is so good that it doesn’t matter how fast the blinds are.

I only started playing these last weeks. It seems that the $1 90 mans don’t load during my day time and with my computer not being available for me after 6:00pm at night on Sundays (the day I play $1 MTTs) So I chose to play some of these I loaded 1 up bought 2 entries, and found it hard with 1 table still left in Daily $1 to focus on 2 MTTs at once since there is no HUD and I sometimes need to use calculator to work out raise sizes. After I busted the Daily $1 I decided I wanted another Crack, so I loaded up another 1 with 4 Tables somehow I made the final Table and came 8th I think with good luck more than good play.

So today I was meant to wake up at 5:40am to play the 2k GNT, I woke up but my mouse on the computer didn’t work so back to bed. Only woke up at 10:10am talk about a rush for Daily $1 starting in 10 Mins.

After busting Daily $1 I loaded up a $1 Rush MTT blanked it. Then I decided I didn’t want to be guessing during the MTT so I made a Spreadsheet for all Raise Sizes on Blind Levels, then I loaded my last one for the day and blanked it I don’t want to say how I blanked it because I don’t want to Turn this Post into BBV, but I want to figure these Rush MTTs out.

Let’s talk about the First step registering, as I said these MTTs run very regularly. So is it better to always make sure you’re there from the get go or can you get on the action anytime?

Playing without a HUD, I can definitely do this but what sort of ways can you take notes and have reads on your opponents?

Pushing BvB, so when you have 13BBs or less can you push more because there is a chance that your opponent has already folded?

Quick Fold Btn, Can it be overused? When are sometimes that you shouldn’t use it?

I'm sure many more questions can stem from some discussion, so lets start.

Sorry for TLDR and properly heaps of bad grammatical errors and poor spelling.

Regards,
      BigAl
  • 9 replies
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Hi BigAl,

I too am looking at FT Multi Entry Rush OD as possible replacement for 90-player MTT as it has significant traffic, finishes a lot faster, and also I managed to make it quite deep in one of my game where I only bought two tickets. But I think the game has much higher variance. I only played less than 10 games so I really can't say where I stand. But I will definitely invest a few more buy-ins and see if I will be able to get comfortable with it.

Question, is it better to register early or during the last minute?
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I do tend to blind steal a little wider in these tournaments because of that. Plus, the blinds go up so fast that especially when antes come into play, you really want to be stealing as often as you can to maintain your stack imo.

I've played about 4 of them with 3 entries each in the last couple of days on top of my normal SNG regimen: They seem very very beatable. Some changes to my strategy I've made:

Raising AJ from early position and AT from middle position, because people love to play and stack off with mediocre aces if an Ace shows on the flop. I also call a raise with AJ for this same reason.

Blind stealing with ATC from the BTN when antes reach 50. (At that point I raise to 2.5 BB, so I'm risking 2.5 to win about 2.5 so it only needs to work half the time to be instantly profitable)

In a Rush tournament, until the last few tables, you simply cannot take reads on your opponents. However, this frees you up to play an exploitable strategy. You can blind steal more than usual as opponents cannot adapt.

As for the raise sizes, I can't help you: I have a mind that can instantly calculate that if someone limps in 170/340 I should raise to 1,190 chips exactly. It's pretty useful for Poker but I know most people can't do that.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      I won my first 2 their hellah soft
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      definitely very soft. if you dont play more than 2 tables, try not to enter more than once, in case you get to FT, it hits your ROI quite a bit, otherwise, i grinded a few hundred of em, used hud. early on be quite tight, especially problematic i found AJ. then as you get shallower, be looser, BvB if you get like 11bb or less, you can push ATC first in, never raise fold with a stack of 16bb or less. and in the late stages of it, especially when it gets shorthanded, against the right opponents you can 3bet light(thats where the HUD comes into play the most)

as for raise sizes, in full tilt you can change your bet slider, that it would jump by 0.5bb, so up to 80t i raise 3x, after that 2.5x and in the end 2.25x (just type in random numbers)
      gl!
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      those are very soft and maybe the most profitable micro MTT's !! so many people dont care about the dollar because they know they can enter another one and risk it once again

I played those for a bit with a ROI of almost 300, yeah you see it right (I didnt play hundreds of them though) Finished 1st once, made the deal between first and second twice and had some other FT finishes... Def a good way to build up bankroll. Aim for FT and top 5 because the price jumps are pretty big. I think top 3 get over 50% of the pricepool :)
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Another thing I thought I mention is that this is the same with all "On Demad" MTTs that if you can play one with a break in the Late Registration you will get a fair few more players which is realy good for the prizepool.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      definitely very soft. if you dont play more than 2 tables, try not to enter more than once, in case you get to FT, it hits your ROI quite a bit, otherwise, i grinded a few hundred of em, used hud. early on be quite tight, especially problematic i found AJ. then as you get shallower, be looser, BvB if you get like 11bb or less, you can push ATC first in, never raise fold with a stack of 16bb or less. and in the late stages of it, especially when it gets shorthanded, against the right opponents you can 3bet light(thats where the HUD comes into play the most)

as for raise sizes, in full tilt you can change your bet slider, that it would jump by 0.5bb, so up to 80t i raise 3x, after that 2.5x and in the end 2.25x (just type in random numbers)
      gl!
      How do you get a HUDto work in these MTTs?
    • zloiadun
      zloiadun
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigAl123456

How do you get a HUDto work in these MTTs?
      PokerTracker 3 works just fine

There are 3 videos for Rush On Demand MTTs - it is for the higher BI, but you can use it in $1 as well :)

And my 5 cents - you can steal with very wide range from any position when the field is down to 25 or less people (tables are shorthanded down to 4 players at FT bubble) - most players are extra cautious at FT bubble. Good rise is 2.5BB, from CO and BU rise with ATC.

Played more then 400 of these, made a significant number of top5 finishes, most of the time when I get to the FT, I am there as a chip lead because of a very loose stealing at FT bubble
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Been preety busy all day, but maneged to play 1 2night. I played 2 entries only because I thought last week I was a little overawed with 4, and I ended up comeing 5th. I think I played bad on the final table buble tho.

Will post some hands in evaluation fourm 2moro gonna be harder to anaylise because I couldent just mark hands I wanted. so I will have to go through them all.