Tips to make $50 rake quickly?

• raieuro
      raieuro
      Bronze
      Hello All Pros here,

Do you have any tips/suggestions to make $50 rake as quickly as possible?

I am just 4 days old to poker. I am playing at William Hill. I got 8 rakes already. I have my bank balance up to 65 usd then down to 51 usd. I read all the threads here but i didn't find any answer yet. Could you give me the answer to my question.

Thank you in advance.
  • 7 replies
    • pokerhughes
      pokerhughes
      Bronze
      why is your goal to rake $50? ?(
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello pokerhughes!

You can find all the information about rake on William Hill here: http://poker.williamhill.com/help/rake-limits-ipoker/

However, I wouldn't suggest rushing to pay 50$ rake.

Reason 2: release all the limits above beginners' limits

If you start playing poker with the $50 starting capital, you can only play beginners' limits initially:

* No Limit: $0.02/$0.04
      * Fixed Limit: $0.10/0.20
      * Sit and Go Tournaments: $1 Buy-in

These limits are in line with PokerStrategy.com's bankroll management guidelines. In order to play higher limits you need to either...

* actively play at William Hill for 30 days
      * or earn at least $50 rake or tournament fees
      * or deposit at least $100 more in your poker account

The block on higher limits will then be lifted and you can choose whatever limit you want.
      (Information quoted from here)

Pleased be adviced that the restrictions are for your own safety. I strongly discourage anyone from playing outside their BRM. Doing so will mean you run a much higher risc of going busto.

I'm not entirely sure this is why you want to rake it asap, but I can't think of many other reasons.

I hope it helps, and that you will take my advice.

Kind regards,
      vonki
    • raieuro
      raieuro
      Bronze
      Hello vonki,

You are right, man. I forget i am a beginner. I should stick to the limits for the safety. Now i know why i burned $25 bonus at partypoker so quickly.

I will take your advice. :)
      Thank you, vonki.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      hey again

actually, i'm not a man ;)

please be so kind to remove the name where you got your bonus at partypoker, as this violates our forum principles.

Good thing you will take my advice, I suggest you read some articles concerning BRM and other articles in general, to ensure you gain as much understanding about the game, and its riscs, asap and you'll soon be on your way up the ladder :)

Best regards,
      vonki
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      hey again

actually, i'm not a man ;)

please be so kind to remove the name where you got your bonus at partypoker, as this violates our forum principles.

Good thing you will take my advice, I suggest you read some articles concerning BRM and other articles in general, to ensure you gain as much understanding about the game, and its riscs, asap and you'll soon be on your way up the ladder :)

Best regards,
      vonki
      Hey Vonki... just out of curiosity. Are you a moderator for this forum now?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Fixed limit gets you the most Rake.
    • raieuro
      raieuro
      Bronze
      i am sorry vonki, because i dont know you are a lady.

Thank you, MattDenness.