This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH A2s (little offtopic included)

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Hi :) I am back to poker again :) I was having aim not to play poker until I find a job since march 1, and finally I was lucky enough to find it :) After few weeks at work (not thrown out) I decided maybe its enought to live without poker, it has been already 3,5 months since my last play online. But I sometimes played live with friends with no money, just chips and drinking beer. I didn't even believe I will stay out from online poker until I find a job, or also I didn't believe I can find a job. Still this is just a beginning of my job, so don't know, maybe I should still concentrate 100% on it (learn new things and so on) because I don't want to be thronw out after my probationary period. But thats few months more without online poker.

Ok its probably enough with my story. Now I have to remember how to play poker.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.52)
      BB ($4.26)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($1.16)
      CO ($4.88)
      Hero ($8.43)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, SB calls $0.06, fold

FLOP ($0.28) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade:

SB checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.04

TURN ($0.40) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade: 3:spade:

SB checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, SB folds

RIVER ($0.64) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade: 3:spade: 6:diamond:

CO bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

59/23/38 61 hands

Turn: He is so agresive, but betting small, so I decided I migh be ahead 1/6 times.

River - now his bet is bigger but still his AF is high, so I called. Also I took a note after the hand.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Yeah, was kinda wondering where did you disappear. :D Although I am pretty sure you don't have to spend that much time on poker and if you have nothing to do then you can still try to play some poker. :) But definitely if it's somewhat important not to spend time in poker then you could pick a small break from poker. Although myself I couldn't see doing that. :f_biggrin:

Guess I would still make the fold on river. I just don't see many hands what we beat there. It's very likely an Ace with a better kicker. And about the note I guess there is not much you can take if you see him having Ax with better kicker. :(

Don't understand is his AF like 38?:D Or it's aggression frequency?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Although myself I couldn't see doing that.

I guess with your poker skills you can easily play it as a pro, maybe you do that, I don't know, and have a good life in Estonia (you live there as I remember).

Don't understand is his AF like 38? Or it's aggression frequency?

Thats AF :) I don't use agression frequency stat :) probably he rarely called over his 61 hand sample size. I have seen earlier such player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I am still a student who has his last year of master degree to go. :) And after that we will see what happen. And nope I am not taking myself as a pro. :D Most of the "pro"s who actually think they are pros but they truly ain't. :)

Many people take it differently to play as a pro. If you playing a lot of poker or some mid-stakes I wouldn't say you is a pro. :D But rather those who have had a lot of experience and managed to get to the very high stakes from lower stakes. :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Depends on what the definition of pro is :) others say that pro is such, who can live of poker winnings. Of course in some countries even me could be a pro then playing NL10 :D

But actually even if you don't count yourself as pro, you could live in estonia from poker with your current skills :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Depends on what the definition of pro is :) others say that pro is such, who can live of poker winnings. Of course in some countries even me could be a pro then playing NL10 :D

But actually even if you don't count yourself as pro, you could live in estonia from poker with your current skills :)
      Yes, have been living with money from poker for longer time already. Started as well with $50 and now here I am. :)