[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH A2s (little offtopic included)

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hi :) I am back to poker again :) I was having aim not to play poker until I find a job since march 1, and finally I was lucky enough to find it :) After few weeks at work (not thrown out) I decided maybe its enought to live without poker, it has been already 3,5 months since my last play online. But I sometimes played live with friends with no money, just chips and drinking beer. I didn't even believe I will stay out from online poker until I find a job, or also I didn't believe I can find a job. Still this is just a beginning of my job, so don't know, maybe I should still concentrate 100% on it (learn new things and so on) because I don't want to be thronw out after my probationary period. But thats few months more without online poker.

Ok its probably enough with my story. Now I have to remember how to play poker.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.52)
      BB ($4.26)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($1.16)
      CO ($4.88)
      Hero ($8.43)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, SB calls $0.06, fold

FLOP ($0.28) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade:

SB checks, CO bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, SB calls $0.04

TURN ($0.40) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade: 3:spade:

SB checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, SB folds

RIVER ($0.64) T:diamond: T:club: A:spade: 3:spade: 6:diamond:

CO bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

59/23/38 61 hands

Turn: He is so agresive, but betting small, so I decided I migh be ahead 1/6 times.

River - now his bet is bigger but still his AF is high, so I called. Also I took a note after the hand.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Yeah, was kinda wondering where did you disappear. :D Although I am pretty sure you don't have to spend that much time on poker and if you have nothing to do then you can still try to play some poker. :) But definitely if it's somewhat important not to spend time in poker then you could pick a small break from poker. Although myself I couldn't see doing that. :f_biggrin:

Guess I would still make the fold on river. I just don't see many hands what we beat there. It's very likely an Ace with a better kicker. And about the note I guess there is not much you can take if you see him having Ax with better kicker. :(

Don't understand is his AF like 38?:D Or it's aggression frequency?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Although myself I couldn't see doing that.

I guess with your poker skills you can easily play it as a pro, maybe you do that, I don't know, and have a good life in Estonia (you live there as I remember).

Don't understand is his AF like 38? Or it's aggression frequency?

Thats AF :) I don't use agression frequency stat :) probably he rarely called over his 61 hand sample size. I have seen earlier such player.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I am still a student who has his last year of master degree to go. :) And after that we will see what happen. And nope I am not taking myself as a pro. :D Most of the "pro"s who actually think they are pros but they truly ain't. :)

Many people take it differently to play as a pro. If you playing a lot of poker or some mid-stakes I wouldn't say you is a pro. :D But rather those who have had a lot of experience and managed to get to the very high stakes from lower stakes. :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Depends on what the definition of pro is :) others say that pro is such, who can live of poker winnings. Of course in some countries even me could be a pro then playing NL10 :D

But actually even if you don't count yourself as pro, you could live in estonia from poker with your current skills :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Depends on what the definition of pro is :) others say that pro is such, who can live of poker winnings. Of course in some countries even me could be a pro then playing NL10 :D

But actually even if you don't count yourself as pro, you could live in estonia from poker with your current skills :)
      Yes, have been living with money from poker for longer time already. Started as well with $50 and now here I am. :)