[NL2-NL10] nl2 AT pot control

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      before you all say it, i mis clicked my 2x button before i hit raise and it only min raised - i guess it worked out and he didnt put me on an A

So because of this i just played c/c, board was pretty good, the Q on the turn gave me a better kicker but possibly gave him 2 pair, but his bets just seemed too standard to let go. I was thniking of float/raising the turn if it blanked but it didnt really, i just checked behind on river, nothing worse was calling anyway

PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.87
      UTG: $1.12
      UTG+1: $2.54
      MP: $1.79
      Hero (MP+1): $2.33
      CO: $3.16
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has T:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.04, CO raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.23, 2 players) A:club: 8:heart: 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.55, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.39, Hero calls $0.39

River: ($1.33, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows T:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 71%, Flop 95%, Turn 82%)
      CO mucks J:diamond: T:spade: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 29%, Flop 5%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins $1.27
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello joeldowey123,

Preflop: Guess as even I made the min-raise I would be more often inclined to fold the hand. We can so often even face some better Ax here and will never know where we stand with our hand.

As played
      Postflop: Guess not much to add as you Called preflop. And if he is aggressive enough and you can consider really him picking such a line with some bluff then you can consider Calling. Although just keep in mind the preflop play. :) Likely just got lucky with those few cases what could happen and it did happen that you were ahead. :D

Best regards.