The Comeback Kid!

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok, I'm a relatively new player - I actually gave up playing poker in December in frustration and because I felt I was becoming unhealthily obsessed. Decided to play a bit in May on a new site and too a BEATING - but what a comeback as of May 31! The upswing starts then.

This probably isn't such a big deal to most but I've NEVER gone on a run like this lol. I posted 17 winning sessions and only 4 losing ones.

Oddly enough I limited myself to 100 hands a session, usually only 1 a day but it seems to work.

From - $110 to + 9.19 baby!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 8 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      100 hands a day? thats 3k per month? i hope you dont come on a downswing :f_biggrin:
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      what is the name of the site your on just curious haha...
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      100 hands a day? thats 3k per month? i hope you dont come on a downswing :f_biggrin:
      I know, I decided to dabble again but I'm not going to put in 14hrs a day like I hear people are doing lol. Let's just assume I maintain my current pace...I'll be moving up the limits in no time. LOL
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      lol you can get 10k hands a day by playing 14 hours a day in only 10 tables.

try to either play more tables or play more time. poker is a high variance game as you just witnessed, 3k hands is nothing. if you wanna profit, you need to play a lot more.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      yeah, i mean if you played like 2h a day, or like 3h, but every second day, you could probably get like 30k hands or so
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      20 000 hands downswings are not rare in poker. Do you have the mental strength to be on a downswing for 6 months? Also, it takes about 50k hands to tell whats your winrate and if youre actually a winning or losing player. Thats 1,5 years if you play 3000 hands a month. If you want to play one table while learning thats fine but I recommend to increase the amount of tables gradually when you get more confident. 4 tables is perfectly fine, you can still make quality decisions.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Y'know... playing 14 hours a day is crazy. Maybe that's why I've done well. There are certain players that are ALWAYS on every table but I'm happy to play them after they've been playing for 10 hours straight. They're going to be tired and make bad decisions.

Plus, I have a job and a life lol. Plus in terms of BRM 2 tables is all I can handle right now.

Anyway, just be happy for me I blew almost my whole bankroll and came back. :)
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Dude, whats the thing with the 14 hours? I have a family and a job as well, I play 4 SH tables at once, 80 hours a month - thats around 30 000 hands a month.