[NL20-NL50] BSS NL20 FR Protection vs Pot control

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Poker 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

This hand was about protection vs pot control on all streets and I would appreciate some feedback on it

Button($19.70)
      SB ($8.07)
      BB ($37.68)
      UTG+1 ($42.71)
      MP1 ($21.38)
      MP2 ($19.70)
      MP3 Hero ($20.89)
      CO ($19.30)
      Preflop: , 1 fold, MP1 raises to 0.80, 1 fold, Hero calls 0.80, 2 folds, BB calls 0.60.
      Hero T :heart: T :diamond:
      Flop (2.50) T :spade: 9 :spade: J :club:
      BB bets 1.60, 1 fold, Hero calls 1.60

This flop has a complete draw and over 15 outs to beat me, but I have a good set.....so, protetion or pot control? I decided to call, because it is a very dangerous board

Turn (5.70) A :club:
      BBchecks, Hero bets 5.00, BB calls 5.00.
      One more draw and because he checked I was in doubt whether to protect or keep the po small. I decided to bet pot size to give him bad odds, considering that he checked, which made me put him on draw chasing

River (15.70) 8 :spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

Another draw completed so I decided to check behind.
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Re-raise flop 4,5$ and call the shove. your hand needs protection.Turn and river nicely played.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      IMO you should only worry about pot control when you have just one pair and some weak two pair hands, like bottom two on dangerous board.
      Here you have a very strong hand that can still improve, so disregard pot control and protect.
      The fact that the flop is dangerous is another reason to protect, not to control the pot.

I'd reraise flop to $6.20 and push turn. (Or call if he shoves the flop or the turn)
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      IMO you should only worry about pot control when you have just one pair and some weak two pair hands, like bottom two on dangerous board.
      Here you have a very strong hand that can still improve, so disregard pot control and protect.
      The fact that the flop is dangerous is another reason to protect, not to control the pot.

I'd reraise flop to $6.20 and push turn. (Or call if he shoves the flop or the turn)
      When I mean dangerous , is because there is a completed draw and vilain donkbet . That was my doubt, do I raise to protect from the possible draws or do I call to avoid a push if he had flopped a straight.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gungunhana
      Originally posted by Faye6891

When I mean dangerous , is because there is a completed draw and vilain donkbet . That was my doubt, do I raise to protect from the possible draws or do I call to avoid a push if he had flopped a straight.
      You can't always assume he will have the straight as he will hardly ever have it, most of the time he will have nothing or a draw, so you have to protect. And even if he has the straight, you can still improve to a FH or quads.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      many times people donk bet with draws TPWK or second pair ... imo a raise is absolut necesary here on the flop and if he shoves call every time because you are ahead a lot of times and still have outs to improve if he has you beat (wich is rarely) . btw i would reraised this preflop too .
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I'd reraise flop and call a shove.
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      reraise big, call shove

like ~7$