This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA call from SB

• fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      The guy in the BB was a whale with a huge 3bet stat and huge VPIP so I decided to just flat my aces pre in the hopes he'd do something stupid. On the flop I just donk because the BU guy has 15/10/0.8 stats with a WTS of 31% so I reckon he would just call me down all three streets with alot worse. Three questions: 1)Is it okay to flat the AA here given my reasoning? 2)Is it okay to donk into dry boards? 3)Should I check/fold river here or is the smallish bet the best line?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $14.53
      CO:
      $21.29
      BU:
      $18.64
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $2.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) T, 8, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.7) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU calls $1.20.

River: ($4.1) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $8.1.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fryandspicy,

Preflop: Your play just doesn't make sense at all. You calling preflop and then donking yourself on flop. :( Go for 3bet and for value, never-ever just Call and give him a chance to hit something really good.

As played
      Postflop: You don't even give him a chance to CBet with missed hands, you just donk and hope that you get paid.

Overall not the greatest line you could pick, easy 3bet preflop. :)

And whatever the line on river is doesn't really matter, look previous streets.

Best regards.