[NL2-NL10] Shortstack strategy: Preflop game -> 7. Examples -> Example 5

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Your cards: JJ

Your position: Early position
      Situation:

You play NL10 and your stack is $1.90. One player in front of you called the big blind. You raise to $0.50 according to the SHC. One player behind you raises to $1.00. After that another player moves all-in with $5.50. The player in front of you folds his hand and you have to decide what to do.

I was just wondering if someone can make me understand
      1)
      you can easy count the pot size (.15 blinds + .10 limper + .5 your raise + 1 reraise behind + 1.9 (the 5.5 all in) + maibe (probably) .9 behind you)

so thats means 3.65/4.55 pot you to invest 1.4$ (2 situations)

lets say that the player behind you (1 raise) can have AKo and the player all in KK or AA. I think that this is the right thought

you havent bigger chance to win than 13% (PS Equilator) so thats mean if the pot was 7,7x bigger than your money left (1,4usd) it can be profitable but invest 1,4 to 3.65 or even 4.55 is definitely not.

you can only hope for some wierdo sitiation like both players AK but this is unprobable i think.

in conclusion, i think i cant have more than 25% chance to win this pot (1,4x4=5,6..)
  • 3 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      especially at the micro limits the calling/raising ranges of your opponents are MUCH wider :)
      but in this special case i think you can fold. never played nl10 myself so i´m not sure but i think you are dominated nearly every time.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      the real (probable) situation (on NL5, NL10) is that the 2 players behind you will call you. And any over card on flop means you have to fold.

Thats the problem on low limits players are calling a lot of hands and when you have AK they can likely have 89s and you never know if they hit something
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      we don`t count implied odds when calculating current pot odds. also blinds are normally raked for simplicity. your pot equity here is 28%. Again, you are putting opponents on a hand) Try to think of a range and then put it in equilator.

The tighest possible range on this limit for both of them is : TT+, AKs, AKo

You have 27.6% of equity in this case. I guess we have some fold equity against first raiser to compensate 0.4% of equity)

But in reality their ranges are WAY wider and this move is difinitely profitable.