Hi

• breezy10101
      breezy10101
      Bronze
      I'm a new player from England. I've been playing for about a week now and i'm already addicted it would seem ;P

Read the basic articles and tried some $0.1 / 0.2 and so far im about 1$ up after one small session so i'm sure ther's hope for me on the micros! anyway i would like to progress eventually and finding the site very useful :)

Playing on FullTilt under Ch3ckfold69 if anyone wants to play me ;P
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi breezy!

warm welcome to our community! so glad to have you join us. yes we do love to play poker here. a little obsession is a good thing if it inspires you to improve and learn and play ;) i guess you will be reading the bronze articles now, huh? :) good luck at the tables! let us know how you get on :D

smiles,
      wendy
    • breezy10101
      breezy10101
      Bronze
      Well session 2 this morning. Ended up $1.50 down so called it off but nothing seemed to be going my way. Lost a $5 pot on Triple Aces to an A high flush, there was only 2 hearts on the table and he got the 5th on the river (there was also no straight available). I considered this a pretty bad beat and went on to lose more but i still think i played the session fairly well.

The plan is to tighten up my game and go for a good hour or 2 on the lowest stakes. As long as i at least break even i'll move up again.

Would be interested to hear any advice on how i should play this. it's fixed limit so i think its more about improving my statistics then making money really..

Anyway all comments appreciated, and thank you for the warm welcome :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      well i dont really play fixed limit so i cant answer you there. but a lot of our members do! maybe it's time to head over to the blogs section and find some FL buddies. :)

i agree definitely it shouldnt be about the money when you're starting out. but really being able to make the best decisions possible. i could be wrong, but i think fixed limit entails a lot of maths :D (maybe that's why i dont play it. hehe)
    • breezy10101
      breezy10101
      Bronze
      yeah i think i might start a blog actually, i just read a few ;P
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I think you should blogs are a great way to track your own progress and also it drives a lot of people to play well and win because everyone wants to post a positive graph.

As well as reading the FL blogs get yourself over to the FL strategy section of the forum you will find it if you follow This Link any other time you want to find it just scroll right down on the main forum page until you come to it if you didnt already know.

Here you will find many people from people just starting like yourself to experienced players who can help you out and advise you where you are going wrong/right and you all have fixed limit in common so it should be really welcoming to you.

Also there are fixed limit hand evaluation threads where you can post your hands and a professional hand judge will give their opinion on it for free.

And on top of all that one of our fixed limit professional coaches, Terrorblade, does a weekly free live coaching for bronze members so make sure you get yourself involved.

Good luck and have fun,
      Carl