How much to take to the table

• 13 replies
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Pretty unimportant question... you should take as much so you dont run out of BBs during the hand...that is 12BB if there is cap in pokerroom.

I personally just take 100BBs and not care so take just 12BBs and have auto rebuy option enabled(if pokerroom has this option)
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      well yes in Stars I play as well allways with 100 Big Bets, but in Full Tilt where I play a bit higher limit I allways buy in different amount, so Thank You now I know at least what would be good:) . but when should I leave the table, when I have 24BBs?
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Why would you want to leave at certain number. Play as long as you feel you play your A game. Winning or loosing certain amount has nothing to do with it.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      If you enable auto rebuy just make sure you have at least 12BB.

As a general strategy you should never want to be all in, so your stack should always have enough to cap every betting round (12BB).

We earn money by making better decisions than our opponents. If you play short stacked then you have fewer potential opportunities to make decisions (and put your opponents to decisions) in the hands that you do play.

Also, a short stack is much less likely to cap the rake. Once the rake is capped you're collecting more on your edge. Ending up all in causes you to lose more money in rake relative to the pot size.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      in limit holdem you don't gain anything by leaving once youre up. having a big stack in limit doesnt increase the stakes like it does in NL so theres no need to protect your stack.
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Yes, I Havent never been going away when I win some:D ... but just a thought that maybe I have to leave as well on some point. I tryed out the 12BB buy in and auto top up, damn it started to grow now even better:) thank you guys. I´m quite new to the Fixed Limit and I really enjoy it.

In Addition, Maybe you guys know where I could Find a FL SH coach/staker for a bit higher Limit( $0.25/$0.50 - $0.50/$1.00 ). at the moment I play 0.10/0.20 In Full Tilt And in stars 0.02/0.04 and 0.05/0.10 and the first two weeks have been awsome for me:) .

Thank You
      UX
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey UXMALAGA

I wouldn't worry too much about getting staked... the absolute micro stakes won't take long to get past if you're playing reasonably solid, but once you hit .50/1 you start to find the games get a lot more aggressive on most sites.

You're better working on your game through the micros so you're more equipped to deal with the increased aggression as you get to .50/1+ IMO.
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Yes, I´ll try to get it past bymyself. :) Hope to be up soon :f_cool: , at the moment BR is growing quite quikly. Thanks for the advice anyway
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I guess you just tore the topic apart in cap games, but what about no cap games? How much do you buy in with in no cap games? Would you rather cover the table or just cover the fish? (I guess any other option is just not maxEV.)
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      but where are these without cap games? I havent seen anywhere yet.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by madorjan
      How much do you buy in with in no cap games? Would you rather cover the table or just cover the fish? (I guess any other option is just not maxEV.)
      Cover the table I'd say... you'd be kicking yourself if you had the nuts and ended up allin before the dude you're against - whether they've got obvious leaks or not. :f_cool:
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Fr0z3nByt3
      Bronze
      I've set the Auto Buy In to 12 BB and Auto Top Up to 12 BB to. This way I don't have to worry about now having enough or having too much of my bankroll on one table.
      Bronze
      i buyin for 25 big bets and auto top to 25 big bets.

so at 2c/4c its $1 and 5c/10c is $2.50 could go down to $2 but yeah 25 buyins is good enough for me.