Elephant stopped working when I got HEM

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey,

I just got HEM and well I had to download this Postgres thing (somekind of server thingy) Im not exactly sure what it is or how it works but I know it is needed to store data or maybe important? Anyways, since I got HEM my Elephant does not refresh (in other words, the data does not get imported onto ele). Could someone please explain to me Postgres and give me some insight on this situation.

Thanks !!! :D
  • 3 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey CHARMANDER06,

as you maybe already found out - PokerStrategy.com Elephant needs postgreSQL aswell to store handhistories, etc...

Please try to create a new database within Elephant. In case that's not working (because you probably damaged your postgreSQL installation) let us know.

The autoimport should be working regardless of a new database. Did you check the configuration for the correct paths?
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrk1988
      Did you check the configuration for the correct paths?
      Umm I dont quite undestand what you mean by correct paths. I go check my configuration and it is still using the "automatically configured" folder. Shouldnt this be ok?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Yes - that's fine. You need to make sure this automatically added path is the correct one though.