Who was right ? Live Hand Help Please.

• 5 replies
    • satishvasoya
      So i check, SB bets 2,400. which i think was either value or weakness....i think for a while and decide to come over the top as a pure bluff and make it 7,200...

werent you the button..??
      then how did u check raise the turn..??
      because as a general rule buttons are banned from check raising...
    • phantommm92
      both played terrible. what were the stack sizes?is you werent at least 100bb deep, then raising 4x preflop ir more than terrible. on the turn raise bigger, river played fine.
    • dahobo
      To me, the 4800 you put in on the flop "repping a strong hand", is actually a tell that you have a weak hand and are hoping to win the pot easily with a cheap C-Bet, and it looks like he caught on to that weakness...

Though, his 2400 bet on the turn and then calling a re-pop just doesnt make much sense at all...you probably should have raised more on the turn and you would have won it there, rather then a suckout on the river.
    • neil0707
      thanks guys, knew it was a shocking hand, it felt weired to both of us, your comments are much appriciated.
    • sabo999
      - Raise Less Preflop
      - Bet more on Flop (2/3 Flop)
      - Turn: If your going to raise, raise more/ship depending on stack sizes..

Also, I don't agree that he never has a Queen.. He could have a mediocre Qx Hand.. I find that sometimes, weak/tight live players tend to do stupid donk leads e.g. 2400.. As they don't pay much attention to pot sizes, once he flats your raise on the turn and checks the river its obvious he was calling the turn in an attempt to get a free showdown..

If you still think by the River he has A6/77 then why give a free showdown when your hand has NO showdown value..? Once you don't give up on the turn I think you have to third barrel the river/shove..

Woulda been better if you told us stack sizes btw..

Sabo :club: