[x] solved: Qualified for $5k-SNG, attendence forbidden

• Shaquill
      Shaquill
      Silver
      Hi,

I played the SnG madness at FullTilt and ran pretty hot in one two-hours-block. I gained enough leaderboard points to be 2nd in my group. So I qualified for the $5k-Freeroll-SNG. However, the first SNG in the block (06:00 - 08:00 ET) wasn't counted, although it started at 06:00:17 ET. The points, I earned in that tourney, are missing now and so I am only 3rd place finisher in my leaderboard group (which means I am not qualified for the Freeroll).

I wrote to the support oft FTP and got this answer:

Full Tilt Poker Support
      Hello xxx,
      The Leaderboard points are awarded based on the start time of the Sit & Go. For example, if you play in a tournament that begins at 23:58 and ends at 00:35, your points will count towards the two-hour period running from 22:00 through 00:00.

So, I wrote again, telling them, the SNG started in the specific block. It did (see the headline of the handhistory):
      Full Tilt Poker Game #xxx: $xxx + $xxx Madness (Turbo) (xxx), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 06:00:17 ET - 2011/06/12

This was the next answer:
      Full Tilt Poker Support
      Hello xxx,
      We have received confirmation from our promotions department that tournament number xxx was in another group.As per the tournament description of the above tournament number "Earn points toward Group B (04:00 to 06:00) of ?"Thank you for your understanding.

So, they told me, the starting time is what matters and then they say, that a tourney starting at 06:00:17 doesn't belong to the 06:00 - 08:00 ET block.
      I feel betrayed and want to play the SNG, for which I grinded hard and had a ton of luck, as well.
      Do you have any suggestions, what I could do, so that they correct the error in their calculation?

Cliffs:
      - gained enough points for the Madness-$5k-SNG
      - 1st touney played in the block wasn't counted, although it started in the block
      - the points of that SNG are missing for the qualification
      - support denies correcting the error
      - what's my line?

Thanks to everyone, who read to this point!
      Would be great, if someone had any suggestion!
  • 4 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      convincing bad beat story
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Shaquill,

Sorry to hear of your problems with this. My only suggestion would've been to discuss it with Full Tilt's support team, but this of course you have already done.

I'm personally never sure when exactly they count the sng, i.e. is it starting time, finishing time or the time you personally bust out etc.
      As a result whenever I've done this sort of thing in the past, I've always played a few more sng's than is required to ensure that I've got sufficient that qualify.

I know that hindsight is not a great help to you right now but it is worth thinking of for any future events.

Unless Full Tilt's support team reconsider their position which is I suspect unlikely as they have to set the qualifying criteria somewhere, I think you need to put this one down to experience and try for the next promo instead.

Sorry couldn't think of anything more positive at this time :(

Best regards,

Bart
    • Shaquill
      Shaquill
      Silver
      Hey folks,

I just recieved an E-Mail from the support again:
      Full Tilt Poker Support

Hello xxx,
      Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support. We have reviewed the issue further and would like to apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this has caused. While we unfortunately cannot allow you to register to the $5K Sit & Go Freeroll, we have credited your account with a total of T$625 in Tournament Dollars. This has been credited to reflect your equity for the Sit & Go. Again Stefan, we're sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused and thank you kindly for your understanding. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're always here to help.

I think, that this is a very nice solution and am positively surprised from FullTilt.

So, thanks for your help, Bart.
      Thant was a long and very nice post.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sooo glad you managed to get something sorted out Shaquill, great stuff and a thumbs up for Full Tilt :s_thumbsup:

Sorry I couldn't help more other than sharing my own experiences, but maybe the good vibes helped? :P

Time to grind those $T into real $ I guess ;)

Congrats again and enjoy your poker

Bart