5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($5.05)
      CO ($5.05)
      Dragar (BTN) ($5)
      SB ($8.17)
      BB ($5.73)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 5 players) Dragar is BTN A:spade: Q:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Dragar raises to $0.45, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: J:spade: J:heart: 4:diamond: ($0.97, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Dragar checks

Turn: 9:diamond: ($0.97, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.40, Dragar raises to $1, UTG folds

Final Pot: $2.37

Dragar wins $2.26 (net +$0.81)

UTG lost $0.85

UTG: 24/17
      SB: 47/28
      BB: 12/10

I 3-bet because I do not want SB in and it's easy 3-bet/f for me if UTG 4-bets.

Post-flop play was a new move I wanted to try.
      I think my FE with a turn raise is much stronger than a flop bet, read it in a ps silver article so wanted to try out since I did not come across this before. Villain should be able to fold the majority of his range here. I would fire almost any river except maybe TT cause TT is pretty much the only thing he will call me with on turn I think. Don't think he has AJ in this spot since he would not flat this pre OOP given his stats.
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      Interesting line. May I ask which article?

I have being finding some trouble to find good material for post-flop play on 3bet pots. Is it just me?

About the raise size, shouldn't it be a bit bigger? He's probably still getting odds to call w/ diamonds - I think even on a paired board, since a FH is very unlikely there (only 99/44, and 44 would likely cbet something).
    • veriz
      Hello Dragar,

Preflop: What's your plan if you get 4bet? Although 3betting is an option but you must have a plan for it as well. Guess without knowing the opponent I might even prefer just Calling.

As played
      Postflop: Curious which article did you read about such a play. :D The problem is that you can't really represent much if you are against thinking player. Why would you Check behind on flop with some hands like TT/JJ/QQ/KK and why not just bet for value or at least protection? So mainly you are up for only the nuts. But now again, would a nuts raise that small on turn while missing value on flop? Don't think so. :( So overall not really big fan unless I know the opponent better or the article. :D Of course the Check behind on flop ain't that bad either, although you would most often anyways CBet with some strong PPs.

Best regards.
    • Dragar

Example 24
    • luizsilveira
      Oh, I've read that one. But it's just so much info. it's hard to "keep" it all.

One thing: on the article, I think the player IP is not the pre-flop aggressor. I think that makes a bit more sense to the line. In your example, it's a 3bet pot where you were the pf aggressor.

So you are indeed representing, ahn, nothing :P

If you were slowplaying, why wouldn't you continue and collect another bet OTR? (w/ for example JJ)

If you have an overpair and didn't bet for potcontrol/fear of the J, why all the sudden you are not afraid anymore?

Of course, villain probably had air and would have folded flop anyway - this way you got 8BB more. But I don't know how many players would fold any pocket at all in that spot, so the one hand you make fold which beat you is AK and that's all. Vs. the pockets you at least have outs...
    • luizsilveira
      I'm just wondering here what result the line call turn/raise river would have.

Depends on the card that falls, I know, but you got what I mean.