[NL2-NL10] KK multiway pot

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      According my experiences "monsters" in multiway pot (more then 3 players) are usually sucked with SSS strategy..Maybe we should adjust SSS strategy?!

For example:

HERO has QQ, KK or AA (that happened to me more then 70% procents, i have statistics..)

HERO raises..

3 or more cold callers behind..

FLOP = 2 6 J rainbow..

HERO goes all-in

one of the callers got something..

IT IS BAD LUCK, I KNOW, BUT NOT MORE THEN 70%.....

I THINK IN THIS CASE WITH SOME MANY CALLERS, POSTFLOP STRATEGY SHOULD BE C/F or C/R?
  • 9 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      yeah right... i invest half of my stack just to check/fold my overpair on a ragged board ^^
      c/r doesn´t make sence either. freecards are horrible when you check/raise you might give some people even better odds to call.

70% ? small sample size i guess :)
      just keep playing according to the standard strategy and your big pockets will be big winner in the long run
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      70% ? small sample size i guess :)
      just keep playing according to the standard strategy and your big pockets will be big winner in the long run
      You are probably right.. :tongue:
    • Pureman
      Pureman
      Bronze
      Stick to the strategy sir. You make lot's of money in those spots, the variance just hit you pretty hard if you lost 70%+ of the time.
    • pistike6
      pistike6
      Bronze
      i have to ask you to repeat it...surely will SSS bring me winnings on the long run? i am only asking because i played already for 230 Strategy Points and i am still at 50$ (pending bonus included).

i know i made some mistakes and played the SSS 100%, but after a while i am sticking to it and still ain't winning.

i am playing at Full Tilt poker...maybe that's my problem...to many short stacks and very tight players here..
    • Pureman
      Pureman
      Bronze
      It is very possible to win with the SSS, if you do it right that is.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i have to ask you to repeat it...surely will SSS bring me winnings on the long run?

The quality of your play determines your long run winnings. Work on it! You haven`t posted any single hand...

drachdudek, how did you get statistics for this spot?)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pureman
      It is very possible to win with the SSS, if you do it right that is.
      :D
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by xylere
      [QUOTE]

drachdudek, how did you get statistics for this spot?)[/quote]when i play poker, i play 8 - 10 tables and i dont have time to look at PT statistics so i have a piece of paper with me, where i writte down some interestimg things happened, like mentioned, notes, hands, boards....that i can look after session in texas grabem and analyze them...nothing else..i was not involved so many times in such multiway hands 10-12 times ..and 7 times i have been sucked with AA, KK, or QQ all preflop...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yeah, then frzl was right - small sample size... so keep pushing)