2nd free $50 new start

• 01laitken10
      01laitken10
      Bronze
      Hi all

This is actually my first post on the forum and after reading it regularly I thought it might be a good idea to start my own blog.

I started playing poker just over a year ago on facebook of all places while I was at college, alot of my friends were playing and it seemed a good way to pass the time. As time went on I started to really enjoy playing and it soon became an obsession once I started playing for real money. However as you will already know playing for real money is alot different from playing on FB so I was obviously losing the money that I was depositing. It was only a couple of months later when I discovered this site and I got my free $50. I decided on putting it on full tilt as It seemed like the most popular. After reading the articles on here I improved alot and started playing the sit n gos with mixed success. My biggest problem though was taking shots at cash tables that I didn't have the bankroll to sit at so it wasnt long before I lost my roll.

After that I went to 888 and made some decent profit from smaller cash games and a couple decent results in MTT's but needed to cashout because of money troubles.

The other day I got an email from poker strategy saying that they were going to give me a second free starting capital to use on party poker. Its been a while since I used the site due to me blowing my first free $50 at full tilt, but I decided Im going to start at NL2 and use proper BRM and update this thread with my progress.

I started this today playing 4 tables FR at party poker and had a really good session.

I played 845 hands and made a not too shabby profit of $26.29, seems a bit too good to be true so I wont be expecting too many days like that, although the tables are as soft as iv ever been in.
  • 6 replies
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Congratz with first post and good luck at tables. Will check out how things are going here ;)
    • novelsound
      novelsound
      Bronze
      hmm 13 bi in 850 hands "not too shabby" :s_confused:
    • 01laitken10
      01laitken10
      Bronze
      thanks :) gl to u 2, yeah iv never played NL2 before I always played NL10 or 25 SH on FT so this is alot easier although my first session is an obvious heater. Can anyone tell me how to upload my graph from elephant?
    • 01laitken10
      01laitken10
      Bronze
      Thought id give an update on my progress. Its been quite mixed tbh Iv been up and down in the last few days but have made another 3 buy ins. I now have a profit of $32 over 3500 hands although it should be more as iv made some plays that are pretty dumb, the biggest problem iv had is over playing 10s, for some reason I think iv got kings or something lol. Another thing iv been doing which Im pretty sure is wrong is being prepared to go all in pre flop with ace king, its worked out well a couple of times but iv found that very rarely am I dominating, at best Im a flip against QQ or JJ.

I also lost 2 buy ins on a missclick lol, I had 4 tables opened and was in the BB with k5o and never realised the pot had been raised and shoved and thought was checking but I called a $4 all in by villain (it just had to be the table where I had $6 on).

Overall I think Iv been playing well and the results have been good so Im happy. Think Im going to take a look at the articles because the only ones iv read were the SNG ones and that was months ago.

Also can anyone tell me how to post my graphs from elephant?
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      There might be an easier way, I don't use Elephant, but if you save the graph as an image, you can then upload it to Imageshack or Photobucket and post it from there using an IMG tag.

Going all-in preflop with AK is a standard play at the micros, not sure about higher limits. PokerStrategy recommends doing it, and they've tested the strategies to make sure they're profitable at the micros.

Good luck! (And yes, definitely read the articles)
    • 01laitken10
      01laitken10
      Bronze
      Thanks Ill have a look at that, not been very happy with my play recently, playing far too many hands and calling down to light when I hit top pair :f_frown: had a nice hand when I rivered a full house and villain decided to shove into me with a 9 high flush on a board with 4 spades. Also had a guy check re-raise with pocket 7s on a q 2 q board after a raise and a call after he checked (I had the queen so shoved him all in, 7s is not what I expected). Not really been reading the articles just playing my game but its been pretty swingy (up 2 buyins, down 2 by ins, up 6 buy ins etc) so im guna try and sort out the leaks in my game. I think tonight when I get in from work Ill look at my hand history and look at where Im losing the most money and missing out on value.

Also Iv seen that pokerstrategy has a program called equilab or something, is it any good? and what is its purpose.