Drach`s trial blog

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      It is very boring and rainy Sunday here..:O ....so i decided to start writting my "trial" blog...I never wrotte it before, but as a member of PS community i really appreciate that i ve found this community and i said i must give something back to the community:)

Ok, let me start. My name is Drago. I coming from Slovenia (small country, but this year we are leading the EU, so i think people will let get to know our country better:) , but we dont deserve this honour, because of our stupid politics.....but i wouldnt talk about politcs, as i hate it.)

In the weekends i live in town Koper, it is in the seaside of Slovenia and work 200km away in other town my hometown actually, where i work as a Product Manager at one of the biggest household producer (cooking appliances, freedges, washing machines etc..) in Europe. Nevertheless i am satisfied with my life and i think i have done a lot for my education and work. I studied Mechanical Engineering in University of Ljubljana and finished MBA in Frankfurt nach Oder (near Polish border).

I heard about Poker lot of years ago, but only as a "strip" poker and similar:) , but really get to know the Poker and online Poker last August when one friend advertised me on Titan and i got some bonus. He also gave me a lot of poker material (books etc..). I read a lot of books of Texas Holdem, like Sklansky, Miller etc..but it didnt help a lot, i lost some 100€ because especially i was rushing up too much and throwing money away just like that and i didnt stick to the BRM!!!

Anyway in November i found your page and then all starts...I read eveything i could for NL and SSS and i like it a lot and after two months of play the result is more or less visible:

What make such result is like PS team is saying..read, re-read, post hand, read-re-read, judge hands, post hands, read hand, read , re-read etc. and of course be psychological fit when playing (not to tilt), have fun when playing and do not care about downswings and of course have a plan!

To finish for today (and probably for this week), just to edit my plan for February:

- jump into NL50 (when my BR will be arround 600$), that will happen after i ll get my rakeback for January or if i will have some good upswing:)
      - play arround 10k hands per week.
      - post at least 10 hands in one week.
      - read all hand discussions for NL SSS.
      - make at least 10 comments in hand discussions.
      - re-read some articles where i have leaks in my game.
      - prepare all the materials for the new project, for all our subsidiaries abroad for their successful product range definition.
      - go skiing - actually snowboarding in Thursday.
      - win 30.000$ tournament on the FTP in the next Sunday, which i will participate after acquring IRON status on FT in January (this is a joke, but you have to be an optimist..always :D )

tAke cAre until the next post...
  • 37 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I see "plans" become popular here :) nice one)
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Nice read! Good luck with your plans ;)

Keep the blog updated!
      -thunderbird56-
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi

I am back after one week and i must say that it was very very "hard" and busy week..I couldnt achieve all my plans due to a lot of work at the job and coming late at home.

I couldnt play 10K hands and post 10 hands for discussion and win the tournament :D , but anyway i finished at 19th place at the money 120$...but i will talk about that later.

After my BRM reached 700$ i started to play NL50 that was in Monday and after one week and playing arround 7000hands i must say that level is similar as NL25 but the swings are much higher, so now i fully understand the BR managament as without it i would be lost for shure...

As my computer died in Monday, battery broken (dont buy Toshiba:) ), i dont have any stats to shove my progress on NL50. I am using my company lapotop, but after simple calculation i have a bankroll of 930$ - 120$ - 700$ = 110$, so that is arround 1,5PPBB/100 i think...

So if i return back to freeroll tournament 30.000US$ on FTP yesterday i must say that i was playing really tight, so i was having strategy Ultra TAG :) and it costs for me...When coming arround 100 place i was low below average stack but then i hit some good cards and all the play was all-in and then i also made one good re-steal from one big stack and coming to some almost average stack when blinds reached 2000 level and i was in 15th place from 28th.:)

The game was in that time really hard people were playing really mad and very loose and from that time on i said to my self that i must get one good hand and try to get to some big stack if wish to come to the final table.

Then it came 10pair and i was on the button and the guy on my right (you can see the picture) had some bad beat before and he lost 1/3 of his stack and i assumed that he was pissed off and on tilt and he went all-in....I was thinking what to do with 10p to fold or to call it and according all my thinking and info i called and he showed 8p...:) :) ..but he was lucky as the flop hit him with 8 and that was a finish for me:( ..That is poker...I think i played that hand well but anway i finished in 19th place...so better luck next time..

My goals and plan for this week are the similr like last to play 10k hands, post 10 hands, evaluate 10hands and read some articles and improve my game on NL50. There are two very interesting articles posted by Pusckin about the "bets" and "table selection"...I read it yesterday very fast and i liked it very much, so i will re-read it and also put down some notes...

That is all from me until next Sunday;)

tAke cAre
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Hi!

I am from Slovenia too. Novo mesto. Good to see another slovenian here. Good luck playing poker, i hope you can make it big. :)
    • anc
      anc
      Bronze
      Kranjčan here. Srečno :P
    • Vesolc
      Vesolc
      Bronze
      Hello...another one here ...Krsko (2 years) and Novo mesto (many years) :)

GL at tables
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Wow, such a small country, so many users. :)
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Great plans!

Želim ti, da bi srečal še veliko ovc! :)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      HVALA VSEM (THANKS TO ALL) FOR SUPPORT, I WISH THE SAME FOR YOU!
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      Hej Drago, if you got time i would love to talk to you via msn maybe or maybe the rest of Slovenians can meet at mirc or some other channel to share some tips. I was checking your stats you posted and they look kinda similiar to mine except that u re up and im down :)
      hehe

lep pozdrav iz Jesenic.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackstone1
      Hej Drago, if you got time i would love to talk to you via msn maybe or maybe the rest of Slovenians can meet at mirc or some other channel to share some tips. I was checking your stats you posted and they look kinda similiar to mine except that u re up and im down :)
      hehe

lep pozdrav iz Jesenic.
      sorry, i dont use MSN, you can contact me via email "drach@email.si" and i will give you my Skype acccount, that is only i have...
    • zhorzh
      zhorzh
      Bronze
      Yep there is a lot of us here.
      Ljubljana here :-)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi

I will just shortly update my blog as i am in a hurry abnd rushing on some trip...:) ..Last week i was too busy so playing poker was just some 4-5th priority...but anway i decided that i will work more on game quality and not quantity as anway in the NL50 i play i am getting FTpoints much faster to achieve some IRON MAN status...

I played arround 8000k last week and as i got my computer back in Wednesday i have just stats from last 3500k and it seems good 3.58PTBB/100 :) but reality is little lower arround 2PTBB/100 after 8k hands...so my bankroll has grown on 1100$...I will play NL50 until i "beat" this limit and that is having at least 1 - 2PTBB/100 after 30.000hands..The BRM i really want to have as conservative as possible, but i dont know maybe somebody can suggest me, when is the good time to roll up on NL100?, i dont mean the BR but maybe hands and winning stats? As BRM already allows me to step up and i feel comfortable at this level, but i know that i must play more hands that and see my progress and be even feel more comfortable...

Anway plans for the next week are more conservative, play at least 8k hand (as i know i wont be able to play more...no time :( ...and re-read some articles, especially outs, odds, equity...i will try to re-watch NL 50 videos and NL100 from undercover...post 10 hands for evaluation and read all SSS hands for NL25 up...

That is all from me until the next week..

tAke cAre
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      nice progress, finally)) you can move to NL 100 already. if you don`t feel comfortable with that set the stop-loss. For instance, 10 buy-ins.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      nice progress, finally)) you can move to NL 100 already. if you don`t feel comfortable with that set the stop-loss. For instance, 10 buy-ins.
      thanks, i ll do that, but i think 8k hands is to less?! Don t you think so? With how many hands did you move up to NL100 or what stats did you have?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I don`t have my low limit statistics, but as far as I remember I moved to Nl 100 after 10k hands on NL 50. There is no big "skill" difference in these limits. You will probably have to start using statistics, though its not crucial to beat this limit. Just keep posting your hands, visit some advanced coachings maybe. But I don`t see much reasons for you to stay on NL 50 any longer.

this is my old NL 100 statistics:
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      OK, thanks, i ll try to start tomorrow on NL100 and with plan like you said, BTW. Yours stats are really low resolution :D so maybe if can you post bigger it would be really helpfull...but nevermind....
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i`ve changed the resolution, should be fine now.
      btw, have a question) how many tables do you play? and how long is "re-buy" period on FTP?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      ok thanks. i play from 9 - 13 tables...i dont understand the question re-buy period? you meant how long you have to wait for the table to get in...i usually if i loose whole stack change i change table i issualy also dont rebuy if am below 15BB, except if i see the tables are loose or above 30% PSF...if below 25% PSF i also change table..I am changing tables really a lot!:)