[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh 88

• purplefizz
      not many hands on villain, seems aggro as a general tendency.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($93.45)
      BB ($22.21)
      UTG ($125)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($145)
      BTN ($19.65)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 8:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

FLOP ($4.50) 2:club: 2:diamond: 3:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3, SB folds, BB raises to $8.50, Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • pokerhughes
      villian will squeeze with 99+ i think he puts you on 2 broadway cards and check raises you there with his small PP i shove especially when hes that short
    • Wriggers
      I'm shoving with a smile on my face there.

What is he repping there? Sod all is the answer :D A2 is the only thing that's beating you that (sort of) makes sense there. He's never c/raising 33, because the flop is so dry he will c/raise a lot of his air along with 44-99, anything above 99 and he's definately 3betting preflop in my opinion.

So shoving here and expecting a fold a lot of the time, and maybe a fishy call from 44-77 is my plan of action. If you run into one of the only hands that beats you that makes sense here (99 and A2) then so be it, you just got unlucky.

Cliffs - Shove is good :)
    • purplefizz
      thanks :) i think you're right (even tho u arent :f_biggrin: ). ur explanations make perfect sense tho. i like it
    • Gerv
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      not many hands on villain, seems aggro as a general tendency.
      What is not many ? are 200 hands not many hands? Or are 50 not many hands? One can see that imagination takes over control so one can better post more stats than VPIP/PFR/AF namely:

#hands, c/R Flop, fold to cbet, WTSD, WWSF, W$SD, AFq flop, AF flop.

seems aggro as a general tendency.
      Aggro in what sense? 3bet/4bet aggro? bet/bet/bet aggro? c/R -> bet/shove?

If someone is aggro preflop, doesn't mean he is automatically a spewtard Flop+Turn+River

I cannot give you help on postflop without this info
    • Kaitz20
      He doesn´t really rep anything else than draw, so I would personally shove flop, since I woudl likely get all-in most turn cards and if he can ever c/r and then fold to shove then shove is clearly +ev play