This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 3-bet AKo called and donked on 9xx flop

• Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      I suppose villain had either an overpair or a set, but the bet is a strange size (and a check might be more profitable than his donk. This suggests to me that the better does not want to see a bet). Any ideas?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.77
      UTG2:
      $1.48
      MP1:
      $4.97
      MP2:
      $0.29
      MP3:
      $1.77
      CO (Hero):
      $2.84
      BU:
      $0.77
      SB:
      $0.98

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.39) 9, 3, 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.11, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.39.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Elroch,

Against his stack I'd just raise preflop him all-in and that's it. Postflop you can still even consider Calling for the given odds, he may easily even have worse. :D

And you need only like 19% equity there and for example:

Board: 9:diamond: 3:spade: 7:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    23.94%  23.94%   0.00% { AdKc }
      UTG+1  76.06%  76.06%   0.00% { TT }

So therefore I am still Calling on flop.

Best regards.
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      I simply missed the idea of betting big enough to put him all-in preflop - not often an opponent is that short-stacked. This would avoid the decision on the flop. And the reason for his flop bet size should have been blindingly obvious to me ...

I see now it would only be appropriate to fold the flop bet if his range for the flop bet is dominated by sets (which it is not) I am surprised at how badly I played quite a simple hand on this occasion! But really very instructive. :)