blackstone SSS career

• blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I am coming from Slovenia and I am 30yrs old.
      Here are my stats for Titan Poker. I am using SSS chart and I have read all of the shortstack articles, I also watched couple of videos from Undercover about how he plays ( specially how he steals, or limps with a pair ) and adapted my game a little bit.

I would really like to hear your comments.

Player Summary:

Position Stats:

Final Hand Summary:

If you want to see other stats i can also provide em :)

As of sessions i played: i multi tabled(without any problems) but without pokertracker as I received license couple hours ago.

Any experienced advice would be great. So far i noticed that i either break even go slightly up or go slightly down. I am playing stricly by SSS, and undercover SSS NL 100 videos on how to steal or limp or resteal. I have also tried to pick good tables lately with good action. Either I am ahead and win/loose or I am behind and suckout on some guy or loose. Thats about it for my experience at Titan Poker in 1 Month.
  • 13 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      1. table selection: you following the table selection articles 100% or close to it?

2. play lower limits....
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      1. Only good avg pot and high player per flop tables
      2. Why i have enough bankroll to play SSS on that levels :) ?
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackstone1

2. Why i have enough bankroll to play SSS on that levels :) ?
      Yeah, right, :D , but as you see you are more or less loosing...so you must "beat" lower limits to go higher....I also have enough money to play even higher limits, but without beating limits, step by step and the limits that i can play comfortably i will be just a fish in the poker sea...There is a lot of patience needed in poker, as i see so far..even Undercover and Timor and others didnt go from NL2 to NL100 just like that...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      ask xylere about whether or not it works at those limits..

but yeah, QFT @ what drachdudek said, except of course the lowest limit blackstone pointed out is NL20 :P
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      ok m8 :)

then tell me how do u beat any limit if u keep sticking the money in when u are clearly ahead but still loosing. (thats how unlucky i really am ;P)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      keep playing. if i lose coinflips that pay out 3:1 6 times in a row with correct bankroll management, i'm going to:

1. check that the coin is fair (and online pokersites are)
      then
      2. flip again and again merrily away for x hours a day

but yeah... remember SSS can be beat
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      you are way too tight for the limits you played. SSS requires some adjustments later.

I recommend you to start from th elower limits, even if you have bankroll.
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      what kind of adjustment xylere ?

i been watching undercover videos so obviously i steal if im first in but still with a decent hand (like for example KTo that is not in the chart)

+ i also limp if there are limpers before me and im sitting late with a low pair.

as of the rest of positions i tend to play by SSS chart.

those were results however i must admit that i did blew around 300$ on mistakes before i got used to it ;)

i could be even more agressive i guess if i would use pahud(like undercover does) but atm its giving me some error msgs so i have to figure that out first.
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      btw i did hear in one of the videos that SSS player should have around 6-7vpip

if you are interested to share some tips with me feel free to contact me on msn i would luv to chit chat about your play :)

I ll also record prolly one session with camtasia :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i could be even more agressive i guess if i would use pahud(like undercover does) but atm its giving me some error msgs so i have to figure that out first.

well, this is the problem) You are supposed to use pahud on NL 200. Your atm is more or less fine (I believe 30 is a good figure ) . Your folded BB is too high, but to resteal you need to use pahud again. Vpip from SB is to low. At his limit you should also limp way wider from late.
      So my point is - take your time and get experience on the lower limits.

You lost 600BB - 60$ on NL 10 - 14 times less the ammount you had actually lost. I am not counting your money, I am just wondering why to pay 14 times more for the same quality experience?
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      thats what i wanted to hear xylere :)
      ill implement it in my new sessions.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      problem with adapting strategies is that you really have to understand the reasons behind many of its principles in order to adapt it successfully.

this is why even though you may now play looser, you could still end up being a losing player on these limits with SSS (and maybe more so).

i really agree with xylere in that you should start from the beginning and work your way up
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      thanks for your tips guys ;)