[NL2-NL10] 2NL AQs

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Opponent was completely unknown, first time playing against him.
      Any feedback is appreciated :)

iPoker - £0.02 NL - Holdem - 10 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: £0.96
      MP: £7.53
      Hero (MP+1): £4.98
      MP+2: £9.68
      LP: £2.91
      CO: £4.86
      BTN: £5.58
      SB: £4.57
      BB: £5.02
      UTG: £5.00

SB posts SB £0.01, BB posts BB £0.02

Pre Flop: (£0.03) Hero has A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to £0.06, MP+2 calls £0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (£0.15, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:spade: 9:spade:
      Hero bets £0.10, MP+2 calls £0.10

Turn: (£0.35, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero checks, MP+2 checks

River: (£0.35, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets £0.17, MP+2 raises to £0.84, Hero ????
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello esuohdla,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Standard raise should be 4xBB.
      Postflop: I'd practically bet maybe like £0,20 and fold to the raise. We don't beat much there anyways just pure bluff but I don't expect him to even bluff here. Therefore Bet/Fold the river.

Best regards.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Thanks for the help :)
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Veriz, I don't understand the B/F. What hands do we lose to that plays so passivly on the flop/turn? A set would have bet for value on the turn and overpairs would have re-raised OTF or atleast bet out on the turn.

OTR we beat Qx (-QT) + busted flush draw bluffs. Maybe this is a leak of mine but I can't see me folding there any time without reads.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen
      Veriz, I don't understand the B/F. What hands do we lose to that plays so passivly on the flop/turn? A set would have bet for value on the turn and overpairs would have re-raised OTF or atleast bet out on the turn.

OTR we beat Qx (-QT) + busted flush draw bluffs. Maybe this is a leak of mine but I can't see me folding there any time without reads.
      Okey then lets take it this way. Give me a range against what we can Call here. While we need like at least 33% equity to make it break-even, which mean even higher one to make it profitable.

And we can't be sure that he ain't trapping with sets, we don't know the opponent. It's still possible that he does that. But of course I do get your point. But give my your range and I will reevaluate it.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      The range I put that opponent on was AK, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ of spades, AQs and AQo, personally.

Reason for that is ive found it incredibly rare to have someone trapping with sets at my limit, though it was fully possible. I see how your line makes sense against an unknown, and guess id need to know the player to make the call (if I know he doesnt trap, then I seem to shoot up to 55% equity against his range, rather than the sub 30% if we allow the possibility of any set).

Please correct if wrong, im not that skilled in hand ranging or equity calculating at the moment.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      The range I put that opponent on was AK, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ of spades, AQs and AQo, personally.

Reason for that is ive found it incredibly rare to have someone trapping with sets at my limit, though it was fully possible. I see how your line makes sense against an unknown, and guess id need to know the player to make the call (if I know he doesnt trap, then I seem to shoot up to 55% equity against his range, rather than the sub 30% if we allow the possibility of any set).

Please correct if wrong, im not that skilled in hand ranging or equity calculating at the moment.
      You missed a lot of hands in the range which can play as well this way. Like 45, Q9, Q4s/Q5s if he is loose and etc. And we can't drop out those hands either if we put that wide bluffing range into his range as well.

So pratically we could even widen up the range or remove them. Although as for example I did put him the range:

Board: 4:diamond: 5:spade: 9:spade:  T:heart:  Q:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    81.25%  79.17%   2.08% { Q9s, Q5s-Q4s, 54s, AsKs, AsQs, KsQs, AsJs, KsJs, QsJs, Q9o, 54o }
      UTG+1  18.75%  16.67%   2.08% { AdQd }

Even without sets, we ain't getting the equity. So therefore from my side it's still a fold.