[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR, flushdraw, call raise on the river?

• awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,97
      BB:
      $28,28

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , T:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) 7:club: , 6:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,5, BB calls $2,50.

River: ($9,00) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,75, BB raises to $15,00, Hero calls $8,25.

Final Pot: $39,00

Is there other way to play on flop and turn? Does it make sense to play bet/fold or check/call on the river with the flush. On the other hand if I go for bet/call what do I beat here?
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Flop bet is too low.

Thinking player can just raise that with a lot since he knows your not trying to protect hand vs draws, hence you must be pretty weak or drawing yourself.
    • Tontor
      Tontor
      Bronze
      I actually like the best sizing on the flop, because you're out of position, I think the bet serves two purposes:
      -blocker bet, by betting 1/2 the pot, which isn't that unreasonable for someone with Ac and an over, or a made hand to be betting. It not only stops the villian from betting more than a $1 which is likely if he deems it necessary to bet, it also disguises your hand a bit, rather than the typical c/c.
      -small pot inflation, the purpose of playing a flush draw is to get paid off when you hit it, since most times you end up missing your draw, by betting it out, you retain initiative and also you get to have control of pot size.

As for b/c, it is definately possible he has a better hand, but you have your draw to help you out. If he did hit the board, it gives you a strong possibility of getting there if a Q or T comes up.

The turn I think is a fairly standard play that either way is ok.

Just my humble opinion...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Standard play. you have fold equity on the flop and turn, so I like betting there as semibluff and I would not b/f river, since he can always bluff that spot + he can have worse flushes that he is raising for value