BB ($5.27)
      CO ($14.75)
      BTN ($5.25)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.40) 2:heart: 9:diamond: J:heart:

Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $1.80, Hero folds

BB wins $2.99

Opponent was big fish , but he called with his weaker hands and rased his stong , so I decided to donk flop and see if I'm ahead right there , cause if I x/c I would be in very tough spot on turn ..
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

Preflop: Very marginal hand to Call actually. The problem is that you are so often dominated by either better ace or maybe even against very strong hand. Therefore I might sometimes even prefer folding if I haven't seen him 3betting a lot.

As played
      Postflop: Seems a great idea, although you could as well just Check/Call and reevaluate on further streets. Maybe even get some add-on to your nutFD.

Best regards.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Preflop: Very marginal hand to Call actually. The problem is that you are so often dominated by either better ace or maybe even against very strong hand. Therefore I might sometimes even prefer folding if I haven't seen him 3betting a lot.

Well , I receive great odds and he is a fish anyways. If he holds ace with better kicker it will come only 1 of 8 times , if he holds overpair I will easily find out . So taking this into account can't I just call because of the great odds ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hohoho321

Well , I receive great odds and he is a fish anyways. If he holds ace with better kicker it will come only 1 of 8 times , if he holds overpair I will easily find out . So taking this into account can't I just call because of the great odds ?
      Yeah, but the problem is that even if you hit your A, you could easily be against AQ/AK against you are dominated. Or even against some QQ/KK/AA type of hands which you don't have that many outs. If you had it AJs then it would be easier. Hopefully you get the point.

By just Calling and hoping to hit you wont play the hand of course profitable, you have to take stabs postflop and for that you will need to know the opponent how you gonna overplay him. Are you capable of making him to fold?