NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.62)
      BB ($55.85)
      UTG ($39.24)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($59.56)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $3.50

FLOP ($10.75) 4:diamond: J:spade: 7:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $6.50, UTG+1 calls $6.50

TURN ($23.75) 4:diamond: J:spade: 7:heart: 9:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $12, UTG+1 raises to $38.50 (AI), Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • Flopper8
      Flopper8
      Silver
      I think you can check behind to see river otherwise your playing for stacks with tp2ndk = leak
      His range is overpairs and sets given his position and at best he has overs with flush draw which he can play like this frm time to time i suppose...
      However, I haven't played cash in a while so my judgement is a little skewed :f_confused:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hmmm is 3betting KJ to UTG+1 raiser standard? If so i've not been doing this SH thing right :D That's a genuine question btw, i'm not mocking you or anything :D

When he calls your 3bet OOP he is narrowing his range imo, probably to TT-QQ (But wouldn't rule out 88/99, also depends on how villain looks at you) and AQs/AK/KQs maybe. Although again this all depends on the player, I don't think i'd be calling 3bets OOP much at all, I much prefer 4betting.

Tbh on the turn I don't tihnk your good often enough to call here. The absolute best your hoping for is an AQ/AK/KQ :heart: But a lot of the time you can run into JJ/99, as they have no need to raise the flop because it's so dry. I've seen a lot of players do this before with sets, they flat the flop when it's rainbow, and as soon as a 2nd of a suit comes on the turn they shit themselves and think "Oh God i better raise this now before a 3rd heart comes", so they raise...

So if at best you're hoping for AQ/AK/KQ :heart: here, of which AQ and AK still have around 30% equity against you on the turn, with QK having around 24%, is it really worth the call? Especially when he won't always play these hands like this, and he'll show up with 99/JJ/QQ in these remaining times.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wriggers: its an easy fold 80% of the time :D (according to reliable sources). no offense taken. it wouldve been my first question to you if you were posting. some sessions i purposely set an experimental line. it leads to some craziness for sure. but you know, that's part of how i learn. :)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hahaha fair enough :D I'm just glad that i'm not doing something completely wrong by not 3betting KJ in that spot :D
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hey!
      1)Preflop - 3bet pre is tottaly ok, KJo/KTo type of hands is perfect for this

2)Flop - Its pretty dry flop, i like to check behind here, there is not to many screay cards + you dont get much value here, by checking back you underrep your hand (AK) and you get at least one street value from bluffs (usually @ SH games then auto bet turn, and often river) + you seems AK, so they call no A/K turn usually hands what they may fold @ flop (88 for example). I like to pot control here, you dont see light calls, but you may see here bluffs (J/9 boards are great for this) and have to fold often best hand, so pot control here, you dont get anyway 3streets value from weaker hands, MAX 2streets, and its easer to get 2streets when you c back flop imo

3)Turn as played flop - check back, no weaker hands what call, all are stronger or good equity, against calling range you are way behind
      Turn as played(bet) - fold, you rep atm JJ+, so he cant think here that he have good fold equity, def most of times he dont bluff here light.

Edit: i didnt focus much what others says :)