Safe to Deposit on FT?

• Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Given all the commotion around FT at the moment, do you think it's safe for non-usa playes to carry on with a 'business as usual' attitude? As much as the EU sites are fishy, the software tilts me and the traffic is hella slow. I'm going to deposit on PS and FT, but my brother said that I shouldnt deposit on FT because of the recent scandels etc.

thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      All I can say is my personal case and I still play almost only on FT.

Best regards

Thazar
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      All I can say is my personal case and I still play almost only on FT.

Best regards

Thazar
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Reaching4Zen,

The following is my own personal view as a regular member of the forum which all moderators are first & foremost and doesn't necessarily represent any official view of PokerStrategy.com. My Moderator avatar should be ignored for this post.

Sorry for the legal bit above, but it's important you realise that I can only say what I personally do, neither I or PokerStrategy.com can advise or guarantee anything and you would still need to make up your own mind and be responsible for your own BR of course as all members do.

I personally am still playing at Full Tilt as I really like the software, availablility and variety of tournaments, promotions etc.
      I have not had any problems in either depositing or withdrawing funds.

Full Tilt remains one of the largest providers and as such should still remain financially strong. Having said that the legal action in the U.S. is a fast moving and unpredictable situation and who knows what will happen next.

As well as Full Tilt, I continue to play on several different platforms (Stars included) and have a small part of my BR on each. This is a useful way of spreading any potential risk (however unlikely) of encountering problems on any one platform.
      In the same way that a solid BRM protects you from losing your whole roll on just 1 cash table or tournament, spreading your roll around different providers or banks works in a similiar way.

I also ensure that I have only a working roll on any one platform. E.g. It's big enough to work comfortably with on my current level, but any surplus is withdrawn to an external bank. I have a bank account at a couple of different banks for the same reason. :D

So to sum up I personally am continuing to play poker and Full Tilt remains one of my favoured providers, but I'm taking a couple of sensible steps to spread my roll around.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart. I really appreciate your detailed input.
      + others :)