[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Tt

• purplefizz
      villain 18/12/3bet 6.2/ af 2.4/497 hands
      wtsd 24, w$sd 85, cbet 80 (100% in 3bet pot)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($41.81)
      BB ($48.52)
      UTG ($55.07)
      Hero ($87.85)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($116)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $3.25

FLOP ($9.75) 4:diamond: 7:club: 2:spade:

BB bets $7.31, Hero calls $7.31

TURN ($24.37) 4:diamond: 7:club: 2:spade: 4:heart:

BB bets $36.46 (AI), Hero ?

am i playing the TT for set value only?
      points for calling - i know he will cbet 100% of flops, we have overpair, he is reasonable aggro
      points for folding - he seems kinda nitty preflop

turn card is essentially a blank, it shouldnt be changing anything. so are we able to narrow down his range to big overpair now as opposed to big cards like AK?
  • 3 replies
    • Flopper8
      No longer playing for set value after flop but stacks instead. How often is overpair good here? As tempting as it is I would prefer some more info or a read before calling that off. Would you play AA or KK like this? I wouldn't be surprised to see AK or AQ here but if the plr has been known to think about his/her opponents calling ranges (to post flop jams) then its a really tough spot - wa/wb?
    • Wriggers
      Hmmm the thing that's erring me on the side of calling is: Why would he shove with effectively the nuts in AA/KK/QQ? Maybe JJ would do this because villain is scared of an overcard on the river. Although his bet sizing in general is horrible, if he bets a normal size into that turn pot (Say $18 or something) and you call, then he ends up on the river with a stack of $18 behind him betting into a $60 pot. Now that's generating barely any fold equity, so if he's a thinking player he could be thinking about generating fold equity with his AQ/AK, as he knows he has none on the river. But then again, a player attentive enough to think about that would probably not get into such an awkward bet sizing situation.

As for the actual hand, as you said the turn changes nothing, all it does is make it less likely he would overbet shove with his set, now turned full house. So we're either looking at overcards or overpair. As I mentioned before, AA/KK/QQ probably wouldn't need to shove there, there's no need to protect against anything. JJ might do this if villain is scared of an overcard. But I can definately see AK/AQ doing this.

Because of this I think i'm cringe-calling :f_confused:
    • Adapter1337
      PS. Didnt read what others sayd.

I dont like calling 3bets when we arent deep, too thin imo.
      But what i like to do is 4bet and get it in all PP vs aggro blind 3bettors if you are co/btn.
      In this situation is best play fold pre, hes range is ahead. Best you are flipping, not best odds to call imo.