Hello From NZ!

• 3 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Dayna834 and welcome!

You've stumbled upon an awesome source of information and assistance for many variants of poker IMHO. What game are you interested in playing?

There is a strategy section which contains a ton of articles on various variants from Sit and Go's (SnGs) to No Limit Hold'em (NLHE), Fixed Limit Hold'em (LHE), Omaha variants, Stud variants etc.. these can be found here.

We also have a video section containing a ton of useful vids, here.

Plus, we also have hand evaluation forums where you can post any hands you have questions about, which can be found lower down on the "Forum" page.

The content unlocks as you start to generate points from playing. At the moment you have access to the basic articles, and as soon as you get your first status point, you'll be able to access the bronze ones. If you have any questions about how the status system works you can check it out here.

Best of luck and enjoy the site and if you have any questions just let us know!

Edit: BTW, make sure you post here and share the love. :f_love:

New Zealand (AOTEAROA - THE LAND OF THE LONG WHITE CLOUD)
    • Dayna834
      Dayna834
      Basic
      Hey,

Thanks for that waiboy, Ive been playing on Fulltilt now with the free money chips and just waiting on my $50 to come through. When i get this which games do you reccomend i start playing in, Tournaments, Sit and Gos or Ring games ? . I was going to start in Ring games from there to Sit and Gos then to the big Tournaments lol. But what do you suggest ? ALSO Rush poker is amazing first time on it and its GREAT ! seriously taken poker to another level !

Thank you
      Dayna
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      No worries!

Originally posted by Dayna834
      When i get this which games do you reccomend i start playing in, Tournaments, Sit and Gos or Ring games ? . I was going to start in Ring games from there to Sit and Gos then to the big Tournaments lol. But what do you suggest ?
      That's a difficult question to answer... it really depends what spins your dial. If ultimately pwning MTTs (Multi-table Tournaments) is what excites you (as it did me when I first started playing online) then you're best starting off with SnGs, as they are the most applicable to moving into MTTs - given BRM considerations (discussed below).

If you decide to give cash a try, studying the Mid Stack Strategy (MSS) for NLHE is a pretty great way to build a bank roll whilst learning a really solid base for your game.

I started trying out SnGs and LHE, eventually grinding out LHE to build up because that worked for me. Everyone is different and I suggest start out with what feels good to you, as you need to put a lot of work into whatever you end up playing to be able to move through the limits.

And the number one rule, no matter what you end up deciding, is stick to a conservative BRM (Bank Roll Management) system while you're learning to give yourself the best chance of success. The BRM articles are included in the basic series of strategy articles for each variant.

Hope this non answer helps! :f_biggrin: