Hero bets $0.55, BTN calls $0.55

TURN ($1.95) 6:spade: 7:spade: A:club: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.95) 6:spade: 7:spade: A:club: 4:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN folds

Hero shows 5:club: 5:heart:

Hero wins $1.82
      opponent - 22/9 , 30% AF , 25% wts - 50hands

Flop - obligatory cbet on A high board ?
      Turn - his range consists of PPs , Ax , some drawz . I decided not to second barrel bluff , cause I wasn't sure if he is going to fold PPs.
      River - no draw completed , if he had Ax I think he would flout turn for protection vs drawz , so I put him on pocket pair with which would be hard to call on A K board .
  • 5 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hohoho321
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.24)
      BB ($4.02)
      Hero ($13.89)
      CO ($9.85)
      BTN ($11.14)

Dealt to Hero 5:club: 5:heart:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.85) 6:spade: 7:spade: A:club:

Hero bets $0.55, BTN calls $0.55

TURN ($1.95) 6:spade: 7:spade: A:club: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.95) 6:spade: 7:spade: A:club: 4:heart: K:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, BTN folds

Hero shows 5:club: 5:heart:

Hero wins $1.82
      opponent - 22/9 , 30% AF , 25% wts - 50hands

Flop - obligatory cbet on A high board ?
      Not obligatory but with the initiative it is good. Nothing is is compulsory in poker, if villain is very aggro and you know that he might raise you a lot here I would just Check/Fold
      Turn - his range consists of PPs , Ax , some drawz . I decided not to second barrel bluff , cause I wasn't sure if he is going to fold PPs.
      the 4 is a very good card for you to 2nd barrel because you picked up an OESD. HE will probably fold with PP and should fold his draws as well
      River - no draw completed , if he had Ax I think he would flout turn for protection vs drawz , so I put him on pocket pair with which would be hard to call on A K board
      If he has Ax he should protect indeed but you too! Try to think what you are representing as well as what villain has (which is good already)
      So when you barrel the river you represent a K or bluff. If he has a K he will call you and maybe mid PP
      Personally I would Check behind because we are ahead of all his missed draws and we are not representing much by betting the river

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      the 4 is a very good card for you to 2nd barrel because you picked up an OESD. HE will probably fold with PP and should fold his draws as well

Yea , I think in the same way , but people on my limit often play so aside from the best play , so I'm not sure if he is folding pps and not sure if he folds draws . He is 22/9 for 50 hands so I have no evidence that he is a good player
      I've made huge mistakes before thinking that my opponents play as they should .

If he has Ax he should protect indeed but you too! Try to think what you are representing as well as what villain has (which is good already)

Yes , I know that I don't represent ace but again I think that he wouldn't call even if he knows that I don't represent nothing , because he may think that I am weak player as well and have misplayed my ace . And it would be hard for straight abc nl10 player to call even if it is obvious that I don't rep ace .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

As you check the turn then it should be rather a Check on river as well. If you really had the Ace then you wouldn't Check the turn while it's so drawy. Rather 2nd barrel the turn than pick such a play.

Best regards.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Okay what do I if he calls my second barrel - should I make third barrel on blank river ?
      Cause he may have continued to call with draws and pps on turn ..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hohoho321
      Okay what do I if he calls my second barrel - should I make third barrel on blank river ?
      Cause he may have continued to call with draws and pps on turn ..
      Not really. Ain't worth against 22/9. :) I usually even just skip the turn 2nd barrel and Check/Fold against those stats while he may you Call down with anything. Although with OESD it can be an exception if you want to continue anyways then rather just 2nd barrel and Check/Fold river.