This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK when the board pairs

• Pygmalion
      Pygmalion
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I posted this in the SSS section and was advised to post here. Please see below...

This is my first post so please excuse any slip ups. I don't have pokertracker and I play on titan so getting my hands converted is proving difficult. If anyone has any advice in this regard, it would be most welcome. The hand I would appreciate comments on is as follows:

blinds : $0.05/$0.10
      SB: $5
      BB: $8
      UTG: $16
      UTG+1: $8
      CO: $15
      BUTTON (Hero): $9.85

Dealer: Your cards Kc Kh
      (there are 2 folds and 1 limper, Hero at button raises $0.50 as per standard instruction. BB coldcalls, limper folds)

Pot Preflop: $1.15
      Dealer: Dealing Flop
      6s Qd 8h

BB checks, Hero bets $0.80. BB calls. <=== I have an over pair and cbet 99.9% of the time I raise preflop. I play this flop the same.

Pot Preturn: $2.75
      Dealer: Dealing Turn
      6s Qd 8h Qh

BB checks, Hero checks behind. <=== This card is not ideal. BB cold calls my flop bet which could indicate him holding : AA (though not likely, judging from preflop action), Q9, QT, QJ, QK or AQ. I check behind because if I get check/raised here I think I will eventually have to fold.

Pot Preriver: $2.75
      Dealer: Dealing River
      6s Qd 8h Qh 5d

BB bets $1.50 Hero calls $1.50 <=== this is an odd call based on what I said above on why I checked the turn. But I figured that since I checked the turn behind, I've invited him to make a bluff at the pot. So basically I think he makes this raise because I checked and not because he has me beat. And since the river card is not a danger card, I feel I have to call.

Dealer: Hero shows Two Pair
      Kc Kh Qh Qd
      Dealer: BB shows One Pair
      Ac Ks Qh Qd
      Hero wins $5.47

This time around I was right and the Villain was making a play at the pot. But the more I think about it the more I realise that if I was in his position and I had a Qx hand, I would play exactly as he had from the turn on.

Could I get some comments/critisisms of my play and perhaps some pointers on how I should approach this sort of situation in the future? Thanks!
  • 5 replies