[NL2-NL10] NL2: TT 2nd pair

• HughJazz82
      it was my first hand on that table, so villains are completely unknown. What's best to do w/ my hand? Should i choose an aggressive line already on the flop? Or stay passive all way?
      PS: The main idea behind my donk is to protect my hand since it is not unlikely to be ahead.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.22)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($6.11)
      UTG+1 ($0.79)
      CO ($1.05)
      BTN ($0.45)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.19) 2:club: J:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($0.39) 2:club: J:club: 7:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero bets $0.22, ...
  • 2 replies
    • Reaching4Zen
      I don't think thats a valid enough reason to donk out tbh. CO has the initiative throughout the hand and there are no signs of him slowing down. By donking out you're basically turning your hand into a bluff. I would have c/c because we've got 2nd pair + gutshot. I'd c/c a blank river and if villain bets 1/2 again. If the river comes any club, A, K, Q I would try to take into account timing tells, bet sizing etc.

Also, CO is playing 50bb deep so by the river they'll be more in the pot than in his stack, which will set him up for a 3/4 pot shove. I would probably fold and look for a better spot. Most of our $$$ comes from fat value at 2NL, and getting ourselves in these marginal spots won't do us any favours.
    • veriz
      Hello HughJazz82,

You have to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish with the donk. While the opponent is almost 50BB I wouldn't really donk while he could easily even shove with draws and we can't really Call.

Best regards.